Clear All

• Eveland with the SV!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• After Mejia couldn't get out of the inning. Leadoff double to Carpenter, beaned Jon Jay, got Matt Holliday to ground into DP, then gave up RBI 1B to Allen Craig. Oof.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Ho-hum, another snoozer for Doolittle: 1P, 0 H, 0 BB, 2K.

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• I gave away Britton--literally gave him for a minor leaguer I have now cut. I assumed his insane GB rate would correct and/or the O's would trade for a closer if needed down the road. Not so sure they do with the way he is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I gave away Britton--literally gave him for a minor leaguer I have now cut. I assumed his insane GB rate would correct and/or the O's would trade for a closer if needed down the road. Not so sure they do with the way he is going.
            I could have had him for $2 in the end game. I was 1 of 4 teams left with an open slot. Everyone else had just $1, and I had $3. Someone called out Britton for $1. The guy next to me said, "Umm...hello, what are you waiting for?" I kept silent because my gut told me that Matt Albers was going to eventually be the closer in Houston, so I took Albers for $1 instead. My gut is stupid. Haha.

Comment

• Does anyone think Joba will close for much of the next three months? Or will DET trade for a closer? Nathan has looked so bad I'm not sure he can turn this around.

I have to drop one of Joba or Stroman in the next hour, having a hard time deciding but I'm leaning to dropping Joba even though I'm going to be passed by 3 teams below me in saves if I dont find another closer. I have three right now after trading Krod away.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                Does anyone think Joba will close for much of the next three months? Or will DET trade for a closer? Nathan has looked so bad I'm not sure he can turn this around.

I have to drop one of Joba or Stroman in the next hour, having a hard time deciding but I'm leaning to dropping Joba even though I'm going to be passed by 3 teams below me in saves if I dont find another closer. I have three right now after trading Krod away.
                Well the Tigers have to get an actual save opportunity for anyone to know the answer!!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Deep possibility to keep an eye on in DET: Hanrahan. Not game-ready yet, reportedly might be added to 'pen in early July, but they prob took a chance on him for a reason.

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Bedrosian in for the save with a two-run lead today, goes walk, strikeout, double, walk to load the bases and gets pulled. Frieri comes in and gives up the grand slam to Swisher. Ugly all round.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      Bedrosian in for the save with a two-run lead today, goes walk, strikeout, double, walk to load the bases and gets pulled. Frieri comes in and gives up the grand slam to Swisher. Ugly all round.
                      They have to turn to Joe Smith now, right?

Comment

• also Grilli gave up a home run to blow another save. Third appearance in his last four that he's put up a bad showing.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Grilli has to go. I don't expect it will be long now.

Comment

• As a Grilli owner, I thank Jobu every day that I have Melancon. Grilli is clearly broken.

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Those of us holding our breath with Nathan get to exhale a bit after a 1-2-3 9th. He struck out all 3 Royals---Butler, Perez and Cain to preserve the 1 run lead. Whew....
                              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                They have to turn to Joe Smith now, right?
                                you'd think so. He may have been the closer today except it was tied in the 9th. Bedrosian apparently was 2nd in line but after today its clear he needs to be sent back down.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X