No announcement yet.

2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's best site these days to see updated closers-in-waiting?

Or, any insight on marlins and giants pecking order?

Comment

• I think Fangraphs does the best work.

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
        What's best site these days to see updated closers-in-waiting?

Or, any insight on marlins and giants pecking order?
        Casilla, Affeldt, Machi in SF or maybe Romo in the mix if he pitches better.
        Gregg or Ramos in MIA if Cishek were to be traded or injured.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          Casilla, Affeldt, Machi in SF or maybe Romo in the mix if he pitches better.
          Gregg or Ramos in MIA if Cishek were to be traded or injured.
          I dont see Cishek going anywhere. The Marlins are contenders, and he has been pretty much lights out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            I dont see Cishek going anywhere. The Marlins are contenders, and he has been pretty much lights out.
            me neither but I was answering what was asked.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• McGee in the bottom of the 8th for TB. I'm sooooo hoping this "Yeah, McGee is lights out and all, but I'll stick with Peralta because I'm a genius with glasses" plan of Maddon's backfires on him again. #CloserBitching.
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
              IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                McGee in the bottom of the 8th for TB. I'm sooooo hoping this "Yeah, McGee is lights out and all, but I'll stick with Peralta because I'm a genius with glasses" plan of Maddon's backfires on him again. #CloserBitching.
                Balfour is in for the save.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Balfour is in for the save.
                  Walks 2, almost blows it, but gets save. GOD I wanted that to backfire on Professor Buddy Holly Glasses.

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Kimbrel with the, well, Kimbrel: 3K save.

Guerra on to close out LAA, not Putnam/Petricka...we'll see how he does.

Smith closes out CHW in first game.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Angels appear to trust Smith - he got saves in both ends of the doubleheader today.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        Angels appear to trust Smith - he got saves in both ends of the doubleheader today.
                        I don't learn my lesson. Another closer I gave away. Traded Britton earlier for a minor leaguer I dropped a week later. Now traded Smith for Wade Davis, banking on Smith losing the gig via an Angels trade to pick up a closer. Then they land Grilli, who is no threat.

Comment

• And NOW Boxberger with the save for TB. Owners of other members of Tampa's closer committee like Jake McGee, Grant Balfour, Joel Peralta, Roberto Hernandez, Fernando Rodney, Danys Baez, Esteban Yan, Troy Percival, Al Reyes, Kyle Farnsworth, JP Howell, Lance Carter, Doug Wheeler, Seth McClung, Randy Choate, Jesus Colome, Albie Lopez, Tyler Walker, Brian Meadows, Shawn Camp, Travis Phelps, Jake McGee -- wait, sorry, already said McGee -- Gary Glover, Doug Miceli, I mean Dan Miceli, Victor Zambrano, Wilson Alvarez, Troy Percival again, and Doug Creek have to be disappointed.

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• I call him Box. Nice name btw.

He's having a really nice season except for the HR issues.

Comment

• Putnam has 15% SwK but only 7.4 k/9. One of those two has to change.

Comment

• Keep an eye on Chapman:

ROTOWORLD: Jonathan Broxton earned his sixth save of the season Sunday in the Reds' defeat of the Brewers. Broxton retired all three batters he faced in a perfect frame. Aroldis Chapman has pitched just once since June 28 and Sunday's opportunity was a big one against the first-place Brew Crew, so something may be wrong with the flame-throwing left-hander. Broxton is worth stashing right now in fantasy leagues just in case.

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X