No announcement yet.

2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances Josh Fields regains the job this season? Is he next in line if Qualls falters?

I just traded Qualls and noticed Fields as a FA with good numbers, so I FAABed him for $1. He was frozen at $2 and eventually dropped, so no keeper status, but I could trade him or Soria to a team needing saves (I'm first in the category).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      What are the chances Josh Fields regains the job this season? Is he next in line if Qualls falters?

I just traded Qualls and noticed Fields as a FA with good numbers, so I FAABed him for $1. He was frozen at $2 and eventually dropped, so no keeper status, but I could trade him or Soria to a team needing saves (I'm first in the category).
      I was actually wondering the same thing. I dont see why anyone but Qualls would close. He's under contract through 2016 (team option) at reasonable rates and letting him close would keep the other pitchers arbitration salaries down. He's pitching really well also. At one time I thought Crain would close to increase his value in a trade but who knows when he's coming back. I doubt he comes off the DL on July 1 and closes shortly after and then is traded for much of anything.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Well I just traded Fields so the chances are pretty good.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Belisario w a 1-2-3 save tonite on 7 pitches. Against a pretty good club, too - Dodgers. Blind squirrel?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Belisario w a 1-2-3 save tonite on 7 pitches. Against a pretty good club, too - Dodgers. Blind squirrel?
            Decent but not great pitcher who was probably a bit motivated facing his former team.

Comment

• Joe Nathan, hot mess.
              Could it be Joba time soon?
              Only time will tell.

Comment

• nice haiku, JC ...
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Dont sleep on Bedrosian. After he settles in he could take over if/when Frieri implodes again.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                    Dont sleep on Bedrosian. After he settles in he could take over if/when Frieri implodes again.
                    I put a waiver claim in for him..I am number 6 so we will see.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Brothers and Belisle gave up 5 runs each last night, so I picked up Ottavino....
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Brothers and Belisle gave up 5 runs each last night, so I picked up Ottavino....
                        What took you so long? Dude has been money all year and even if he hasn't gotten a lot of saves and wins, he's been a solid middle relief option.
                        Last edited by The Dane; 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Dont sleep on Bedrosian. After he settles in he could take over if/when Frieri implodes again.
                          Law chat today:
                          Chad (Macon)
                          Thoughts on Cam Bedrosian?

Klaw (2:05 PM)
                          Think he's a very good one-inning reliever. Good chance to be a 1-2 WAR guy over full seasons in the pen because he's going to miss a ton of bats.

Comment

Who would you drop for him out of Vidal, JSmith, Lewis, Ray?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Who would you drop for him out of Vidal, JSmith, Lewis, Ray?
                              I'm not sure. I only do mixed leagues and those guys, while rostered in my deeper mixed, are really not on my radar. I think Smith is going to stay ahead of Cam for saves for a while still. But a month from now if Cam is doing a Doolittle impression (only with a less insane walk rate and I'd expect more GB) there's a decent chance he'd move to 2nd in line.

Comment

I'm not sure. I only do mixed leagues and those guys, while rostered in my deeper mixed, are really not on my radar. I think Smith is going to stay ahead of Cam for saves for a while still. But a month from now if Cam is doing a Doolittle impression (only with a less insane walk rate and I'd expect more GB) there's a decent chance he'd move to 2nd in line.
                                I don't see him getting put into any high pressure situations for a while yet, perhaps not all year. He's had a meteoric rise this year, moving up from high A and skipping AAA altogether, so I think they'll put the breaks on, let him get acclimated and see what he can do on the big league level. Let's not forget that using the Doolittle Comp, it took him 3 years to get into the closers seat, and he's only there because Jim Johnson blew up.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X