No announcement yet.

2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, Houston's lead is down to one game over the Rangers. Seven games left between the two teams.

After such a great two-thirds of a season Houston might have to scramble to get a wildcard.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• What's goin on here, KS??

Comment

• Texas looks like the 2011 Rays these days. The final few days of the season are going to be fun to watch

Comment

• Every highlight clip I see the Rangers look to be having alot of fun. I would guess Prince is happy with the DET/TEX trade now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
            Every highlight clip I see the Rangers look to be having alot of fun. I would guess Prince is happy with the DET/TEX trade now.
            Last year, when the season cratered, they were good down the stretch. I wonder how long it lasts. Now they have something to lose.

Funny, the 'Strohs getting more attention than the stRangers.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Interesting view from the outside looking in regarding jon singleton. He did hit 22 home runs and took lots of walks this season at triple A but Houston prefers the more mature and productive matt duffy in the stretch run. I wonder if the Astro's are going to give duffy a real chance next spring in the battle for first base ?

Comment

• So the Brewers raid the Astros organization and grab off David Stearns. I knew he was young...but only 30 surprised me. Still, an exciting move by the Brewers.

Now, should he bring someone with saber background and might be a bit older, I'd recommend checking out the suburb of Pewaukee as a good place to live. Just sayin'.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• More on who might replace Stearns. I recognize more than one of those names....

Amidst a flurry of turnover in baseball front offices and the surprising success of the 2015 Astros, the team’s young second-in-command in baseball operations is about to run a front office of his …

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    More on who might replace Stearns. I recognize more than one of those names....

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros...ed-to-brewers/
                    yeah, so that's where Quinton McCracken went.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Why doesn't Altuve score more runs???? Only 74 this year. I think the Astros are around 10th in runs scored. He hits 1st or 2nd. His OBP is .352.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        One of my favorite original Devil Rays. Goldstein introduced me to Q at Spring Training 2 years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Why doesn't Altuve score more runs???? Only 74 this year. I think the Astros are around 10th in runs scored. He hits 1st or 2nd. His OBP is .352.
                          With the amount of strikeouts in the lineup, there are unproductive outs that aren't moving him over into scoring position. He has a lot of singles & has stolen his way into scoring position, but lack of contact inhibits his ability to advance as frequently as someone with better contact behind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            MLBTR reports McCracken is one of the front-runners for the Red Sox GM job.

Comment

• his brother Phil could join him there as well
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• must be a tough morning for Astros fans seeing LA ahead in the standings ... still 5 days to go though ...

Comment

Working...
                                X