No announcement yet.

2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how no one pays attention to the team in front of both.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Funny how no one pays attention to the team in front of both.

J
      why do you say that? as a Jays fan I'm very happy with how the Rangers are doing. I'm really looking forward to seeing your left handed starters up here.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        why do you say that? as a Jays fan I'm very happy with how the Rangers are doing. I'm really looking forward to seeing your left handed starters up here.
        Look at this board. I have the last 3-4 posts in the Ranger thread.

I'm happy for the Jays. I went to school with Joe Carter and saw Roberto Alomar play AA ball.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Just read an article about if the Astros made a mistake by not dealing for Kimbrel at the break.

Anyone know what the Padres were asking for in return and why the deal didn't get done?

Kimbrel has been lights out in the 2nd half, but he has as many blown saves a gregerson, though his counting stats are better.

Would he have made the difference?

Would the cost have been worth it?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• There's a fantastic article about the Nationals season (I'll add it to the things to read post in a minute) that mentions that when the Nationals talked to the Padres and Reds about a closer, both teams wanted two top-end prospects and the Nats wouldn't trade Giolito or Turner, so maybe that gives you an idea of where they were. I wouldn't be surprised if the Padres were asking for Correa.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Come on Carter. We know you suck, but make us happy and hit a few more bombs this week!

Thanks!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Come on Carter. We know you suck, but make us happy and hit a few more bombs this week!

Thanks!
                Right on cue.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Right on cue.
                  How do I do that?

I also texted a friend of mine last night that Chris Davis has been so damn cold lately...30 minutes later..2 bombs!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Astros score 21 runs and Altuve puts up a zero. WTF???? His value has to take a hit because of the low amount of runs he scores.

Comment

• http://m.mlb.com/news/article/153039...mus-two-homers

"If the Rangers win on Sunday, they win the division, regardless of what the Astros do. But if the Astros win and the Rangers lose, they would then play a one-game tiebreaker to decide the AL West champ on Monday in Arlington, based on the Rangers winning the season series between the clubs (13-6). The loser of that game would travel to face the Yankees in the AL Wild Card Game presented by Budweiser.

If the Astros lose and the Angels win on Sunday, they would be tied for the final Wild Card spot and play a one-game tiebreaker on Monday at Minute Maid Park, based on the Astros winning the season series between the teams (10-9). The winner of that game would travel to face the Yankees in the Wild Card Game.

The Astros are also only a game behind the Yankees. If Houston wins a Wild Card spot and finishes tied with New York, the AL Wild Card Game would be at Minute Maid Park, as the Astros won the season series, 4-3."
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I wonder who owns the rights to possible play-in games.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Go beat those Yanks !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Good seats - really good seats - available for Tuesday's game. NYC hasn't had this collective yawn to a postseason berth in decades....
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                congrats! really shows what a tough slog 162 games is.

would be great to face you guys in the ALCS!
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X