Clear All

• have to agree that Barnes is my best hunch in my auction tomorrow
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      Wrong thread. Can we get an Admin to move this?
      doh!!!

Comment

• Keon Broxton hit .391/.462/.783 with 3 HR and a SB in his first week in AAA. And he didn't get called up when Yelich and Cain got hurt. Someone trade for him already!
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Keon Broxton hit .391/.462/.783 with 3 HR and a SB in his first week in AAA. And he didn't get called up when Yelich and Cain got hurt. Someone trade for him already!
          For real. He'd be the Marlins best OFer, if they traded for him. I'm sure they could get him for a song.

Comment

• Eric Thames has a torn ligament in his thumb which will likely require surgery, probably keeping him out 6-to-8 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Eric Thames has a torn ligament in his thumb which will likely require surgery, probably keeping him out 6-to-8 weeks.
              Tough for Thames and the Brewers, but does this have a silver lining for Santana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Tough for Thames and the Brewers, but does this have a silver lining for Santana?
                He was pretty much playing everyday. Maybe Jesus Aguilar? Keon Broxton should probably get recalled as well.

Comment

Maybe Phillips gets the call. Maybe not. They are a team uniquely prepared for this contingency.

Comment

He was pretty much playing everyday. Maybe Jesus Aguilar? Keon Broxton should probably get recalled as well.
                    Short term, it helps Aguilar a lot since Braun still really doesn't look right. Medium to longer term, it helps Santana most but Aguilar some. Of course, this assumes the starting three OFs stay healthy, which has been a non sequiter for the Brewers this month.

They'll bring up a hitter, but have been unusually mysterious about who it'll be.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Jonathan Villar benched for the 3rd consecutive day.

Comment

Jonathan Villar benched for the 3rd consecutive day.
                        He was so good that one year, everyone who had him that year profited huge, and everyone since chasing even a decent portion of that has burnt money.

Comment

He was so good that one year, everyone who had him that year profited huge, and everyone since chasing even a decent portion of that has burnt money.
                          Counsell claims it's just some days of rest to get Perez & Sogard in there, but Villar has 3 runs, 3 XBHs and a 79 OPS+ in 27 games.

Also, Brewers beat writer Tom Haudricourt says Knebel back by the end of the week.

Comment

Counsell claims it's just some days of rest to get Perez & Sogard in there, but Villar has 3 runs, 3 XBHs and a 79 OPS+ in 27 games.
                            The rest is to help him get over his illness, which I believe has the medical term "suckitude".

I'm getting really antsy for the Keston Hiura era.

Comment

Also, Brewers beat writer Tom Haudricourt says Knebel back by the end of the week.
                              Sogard has been much much worse than Villar. His ba is now down to .100.

Comment

• Stephen Vogt looks like he reinjured his shoulder while on his rehab assignment. Looks very bad, probably requiring surgery based on what's being talked about on radio.

Comment

Working...
                                X