2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    I read that Braun will play 1B against LHP and Thames to play against RHP with Braun going to LF. So assuming that if that is true then Santana plays LF when Braun is at 1B and plays LF when Braun is not playing. Not sure how Cain and Yelich getting time off will work out. This also impacts Perez PT as he played 88 games in the OF last season. RotoWire site still projecting Santana to get almost 500 AB but I have a hard time seeing that unless there is an injury.
    If Santana will play LF when:
    a) Braun plays 1B; and,
    b) Braun doesn't play;

where does that leave him when Braun plays LF? On the bench? If that's the case, is it likely that Santana pretty much only plays vs. RHPs this season?

This is exactly what I am getting at. It's possible they will get Santana ABs vs. LHPs at Yelich's or Cain's expense some weeks it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      If Santana will play LF when:
      a) Braun plays 1B; and,
      b) Braun doesn't play;

where does that leave him when Braun plays LF? On the bench? If that's the case, is it likely that Santana pretty much only plays vs. RHPs this season?

This is exactly what I am getting at. It's possible they will get Santana ABs vs. LHPs at Yelich's or Cain's expense some weeks it seems.
      And, remember that Braun has not been the picture of health the past years. I suspect that's why the Brewers are keeping Domingo around - they know they'll need him for 30-50 games that Braun will probably miss.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        And, remember that Braun has not been the picture of health the past years. I suspect that's why the Brewers are keeping Domingo around - they know they'll need him for 30-50 games that Braun will probably miss.
        Injuries always sort these things out. Five players, four spots looks ugly, but usually they all get plenty of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Injuries always sort these things out. Five players, four spots looks ugly, but usually they all get plenty of time.
          Right, but this is six players for four spots.

Comment

• Well, now it’s five, as Broxton was demoted to AAA.

Comment

• I think the one guy who will be completely unaffected by the risk of AB lost is Yelich. For everyone else, it makes some sense for them to sit once in awhile, whether to avoid injury or because of splits. Yelich should get all of the ABs he can handle, in the best line up he has ever been in, in one of the best home parks for hitters, as he enters his prime. Should be a top 10 OFer this year.

The guy I think hurt the most if everyone stays on the team is Thames. He'd be hard pressed to get to 400 ABs, unless a major injury happen to one of the other guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I think the one guy who will be completely unaffected by the risk of AB lost is Yelich. For everyone else, it makes some sense for them to sit once in awhile, whether to avoid injury or because of splits. Yelich should get all of the ABs he can handle, in the best line up he has ever been in, in one of the best home parks for hitters, as he enters his prime. Should be a top 10 OFer this year.

The guy I think hurt the most if everyone stays on the team is Thames. He'd be hard pressed to get to 400 ABs, unless a major injury happen to one of the other guys.
                Thames hit righties so the platoon with Braun is workable. Last season Thames hit RHP .265 with 25 HR in 370 AB. Do agree it will be hard for him to get to 400 AB. Even if Braun gets hurt provided they have Aguilar they could call him up as he hit LHP .301 last season so again Thames sits against LHP.

Still also see Santana as a loser in PT unless as Revo pointed out he can get AB from Cain and Yelich or Braun goes down. Just having a hard time seeing Cain/Yelich players getting too many days off. I suppose if they play in 150 games then and Santana plays in the other 24 games that is an extra 100 ABs so he might get up around 475 ABs give or take. A lot of IFs.

Comment

• Does Yelich bat leadoff? Pros and cons, but RBI risk if so.

Comment

• Rotoworld reports Woodruff made the rotation and Guerra didnt. Good for them.... I hope Burnes is next

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Still also see Santana as a loser in PT unless as Revo pointed out he can get AB from Cain and Yelich or Braun goes down. Just having a hard time seeing Cain/Yelich players getting too many days off. I suppose if they play in 150 games then and Santana plays in the other 24 games that is an extra 100 ABs so he might get up around 475 ABs give or take. A lot of IFs.
                      This.

I think the values of Santana and Perez has completely cratered. The others will probably do okay. Thames will likely play somewhere against all righties and a smattering of lefties when he's hot. Cain and Yelich will get only occasional days off. Braun may take a couple of extra old man legs days off, but that won't amount to much to anyone's AB total. Perez will cover the infield from the bench and likely won't see many OF ABs at all.

Aguilar and Sogard get last-man ABs. I could see them trading Santana for a pitcher early in the season.

Barring injury, this team is too crowded and not flexible enough to give everyone enough ABs in good situation, kinda like Philly can right now. My guess is Santana and Aguilar, who both once held some value, are nearly worthless in anything but the deepest of leagues. That is, until someone goes on the DL...

Comment

• The Brewers outright released Yovani Gallardo. Given the injury situation, I am surprised they cut the string.

Miami or Baltimore will probably pick him up.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Brewers opening day lineup (Against a LHP):

1. Lorenzo Cain, CF
                          2. Christian Yelich, LF
                          3. Ryan Braun, 1B
                          4. Travis Shaw, 3B
                          5. Domingo Santana, RF
                          6. Manny Pina, C
                          7. Jonathan Villar, 2B
                          8. Orlando Arcia, SS

Big boost for Pina in NL only leagues until Vogt gets back. Hitting 6th in that lineup could provide significant RBI opportunity. I did not think they'd hit Arcia 8th.

Comment

• Rumors are swirling of a Braun to Dodgers deal for Kemp and prospects. Better be some pretty good prospects if we make that deal.

Edit to add: GM David Stearns is denying the rumor.
                            Last edited by chancellor; 03-31-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Thames playing well out of the gate is not helping to clear things up. Granted, it's a small sample, but through 4 games, Yelich/Cain have 19 PAs, Braun has 14, Santana 14 and Thames 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Thames playing well out of the gate is not helping to clear things up. Granted, it's a small sample, but through 4 games, Yelich/Cain have 19 PAs, Braun has 14, Santana 14 and Thames 11.
                                Until/unless someone gets hurt or a trade happens, I think that's how it's going to keep playing out - Cain and Yelich will play almost all the time, Braun will play 5-6 out of 7 games, Santana 4-5 out of 7 and Thames 3-5 out of 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X