2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon View Post
    How bad is Morris if he can't get any playing time ahead of these guys? Any hope he can make better contact or have we seen the best of him?
    This season will probably tell the tale. If he reverts to his pre-shit-the-bed form, he'll be up and take ownership of 1B for the foreseeable future. If last year is his true nature, he's probably done.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      How bad is Morris if he can't get any playing time ahead of these guys? Any hope he can make better contact or have we seen the best of him?
      Morris was never really in the running for the job this spring. His not so great season last year pretty much locked him to repeating AAA (or at least starting out there). There is still hope that he can develop, but like Dane said, his time is running out. Morris could be called up if he starts off hot at AAA and the 1B platoon that the Brewers go with isn't working. And if he starts off cold, then he could be watching as Jason Rogers passes him on the depth chart.

Comment

Gennett or Weeks at 2B? mlbdepthcharts says Gennett; toutwars pricing says Weeks

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          Gennett or Weeks at 2B? mlbdepthcharts says Gennett; toutwars pricing says Weeks
          Still not clear. Looks like a platoon to start the year.

Lineup matters: Roenicke's decisions at first and second base in the two Royals games will be pretty clear-cut, with Mark Reynolds and Rickie Weeks starting Friday against left-hander JasonVargas and Lyle Overbay and Scooter Gennett starting Saturday against right-hander YordanoVentura.

So what about opening day and beyond? The Atlanta Braves are scheduled to start righty JulioTeherán, lefty Alex Wood and righty Aaron Harang to start the season against the Brewers, and Roenicke said this spring he was likely to make his choice at the positions each game based on who was playing best.

Reynolds and Overbay both closed out Cactus League play strong, with Overbay swinging a particularly hot bat since the day he was informed he'd be on the Brewers' opening-day roster. Weeks started the spring strong but cooled off, while Gennett never really found his groove at the plate.

"Opening day, I have a decision to make," Roenicke said. "I think I know how I am going to do it, but it's still difficult. I know what I want to do now, but the next couple of days could change that. There's four guys and I'm fine with any four of them out there."
          http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewe...253004911.html

Comment

I think Gennett has some things going in his favor and is the better bet to get the majority of plate appearances this year, but he has limited fantasy upside (at his peak he'd be similar to a guy like Freddy Sanchez).

Comment

Logan Schafer looks pretty good lately. Any reason the Brew Crew won't give him some decent playing time as a 4th OF?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Logan Schafer looks pretty good lately. Any reason the Brew Crew won't give him some decent playing time as a 4th OF?
                Schafer isn't going to steal playing time away from Braun or Gomez, but if he produces, he could snag some playing time away from Davis. Even without that, I'd say he gets something like 60-70 starts between filling in for the starters (barring a big injury or suspension) and DH eligible games.

Comment

So Scooter Gennett hit .324 in 215 ABs last year, and now he's at .321 in 53 ABs to date. This guy isn't really a .320ish hitter, is he?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    So Scooter Gennett hit .324 in 215 ABs last year, and now he's at .321 in 53 ABs to date. This guy isn't really a .320ish hitter, is he?
                    This year looks a lot better than last year (13.3% k rate, only 5.6% pop ups, 24.4% LD rate), but it is pretty damn hard to hit .320 without any HRs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Not in an everyday role. In the present platoon role, given his BABIP, he does look like a .300 hitter.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

plus, his name is scooter. so there's that.
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          This year looks a lot better than last year (13.3% k rate, only 5.6% pop ups, 24.4% LD rate), but it is pretty damn hard to hit .320 without any HRs.
                          Your wish is Scooter's command. Number one off Kennedy tonight.

Carlos Gomez needs to work with him on his bat flip.

Comment

Am starting to wonder if my 1B end-game auction-buy combo of Ishikawa and Overbay, even at 1 unit each, was overpriced

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Pitching prospect Johnny Hellweg with a torn UCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Am starting to wonder if my 1B end-game auction-buy combo of Ishikawa and Overbay, even at 1 unit each, was overpriced

REynolds seems to be falling into a pretty big slump so there might be hope for Lyle yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X