Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overkill94
    replied
    I've had a bunch of jobs in Kansas City over the last year or so and the people I met were giddy when they gave it a go last year so they must be crapping themselves this year.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Do we have any Royals fans here. I was back in my school days and Mike still uses a Royals player as his site name, but that was back when. Are there any current fans here? Watching their push for the division has got to be a rush.

J

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight J
    replied
    move is looooooooooong overdue

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Mike Moustakas demoted to AAA.

Leave a comment:

• The Dane
    replied
    Originally posted by eephus View Post
    Dyson could be a cheap SB pickup but doesn't offer anything else.

Maxwell has always been kind of frustrating. He really looks the part of a big-league ballplayer but then he goes 0 for 4.
    Dyson has always, to me, looked like the kind of guy that could turn into Michael Bourn at any minute. But, his window of opportunity is closing.

Leave a comment:

• eephus
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dane View Post
    Pretty much a guess, but I think Dyson play most days.
    Dyson could be a cheap SB pickup but doesn't offer anything else.

Maxwell has always been kind of frustrating. He really looks the part of a big-league ballplayer but then he goes 0 for 4.

Leave a comment:

• The Dane
    replied
    Originally posted by eephus View Post
    So, does Yost play Maxwell every day or does he end up in a timeshare with Jarrod Dyson?
    Pretty much a guess, but I think Dyson play most days.

Leave a comment:

• eephus
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Lorenzo Cain to the DL with a groin strain.
    I feel bad for the guy. He just can't stay in the lineup.

So, does Yost play Maxwell every day or does he end up in a timeshare with Jarrod Dyson?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Lorenzo Cain to the DL with a groin strain.

Leave a comment:

• Grinch
    replied
    Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    https://twitter.com/YorkSportsGuy/st...37477063430144

Per FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Tomko will earn $510,000 if he makes it up to the majors. Tomko hasn't pitched in the majors since the 2012 season but was reportedly throwing 92-94 mph in the Dominican Winter League.

"Tomko $1".....
    ....crickets.....
    .....room burst out in laughter...

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied

Per FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Tomko will earn $510,000 if he makes it up to the majors. Tomko hasn't pitched in the majors since the 2012 season but was reportedly throwing 92-94 mph in the Dominican Winter League.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    This isn't good. From Rotoworld--

"Luke Hochevar has been shut down for at least two weeks due to a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.
    Uh oh. The Royals are hoping that Hochevar will be able to return by the end of May, but Tommy John surgery could be a possibility if he fails to make progress. This obviously puts an end to his chances of returning to the rotation and puts Yordano Ventura in good position to win the fifth spot. While the injury is a tough break for Hochevar coming off a dominant season and going into his walk year, the Royals still have good depth in their bullpen."

Another guy who found his niche in the bullpen, then f***ed it up by wanting to start.
    MLB.com now reporting that Ned Yost said a return "by the end of May is the best case scenario."

Leave a comment:

• Don Quixote
    replied
    This isn't good. From Rotoworld--

"Luke Hochevar has been shut down for at least two weeks due to a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.
    Uh oh. The Royals are hoping that Hochevar will be able to return by the end of May, but Tommy John surgery could be a possibility if he fails to make progress. This obviously puts an end to his chances of returning to the rotation and puts Yordano Ventura in good position to win the fifth spot. While the injury is a tough break for Hochevar coming off a dominant season and going into his walk year, the Royals still have good depth in their bullpen."

Another guy who found his niche in the bullpen, then f***ed it up by wanting to start.

Leave a comment:

• BigJonEmpire
    replied
    I guess with Infante on board he becomes an expensive extra piece for a team like the Royals.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    To fit Chen on the roster, the Royals have DFA'd Emilio Bonifacio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X