Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Vandelay
    replied
    Ian Kennedy...is he the sure thing closer in 2020?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    MLB.com's Jeffrey Flanagan reports that the Royals have hired Mike Matheny to be their new manager.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Yes, it is.
    I disagree

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Is the going away party before or after he leaves?

J
    Yes, it is.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Royals manager Ned Yost will retire at the end of this season.
    Is the going away party before or after he leaves?

J

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Royals manager Ned Yost will retire at the end of this season.

Leave a comment:

• SlideRule
    replied
    I don't think there's a "usual" case. Every case is different. He could be out the rest of the year. He could be back tomorrow. Bellinger's separated his right shoulder in May and stayed in the game.

On the positive side we do know it's his glove arm.
    ICYMI: Mondesi came back and has stolen 4 bases in his two games since returning. Looks good to go!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    David Glass has reached an agreement to sell the team to KC businessman John Sherman for $1 Billion. Oh, he bought the team in 2000 for $96m......yowza.

Leave a comment:

• Art Vandelay
    replied
    brett phillips promoted, billy hamilton dfa

phillips has 18 home runs, 22 steals (1 caught stealing), a ton of walks (72) and a ton of strikeouts (115) in triple A in 2019. baseball america #80 overall ranked prospect (#57 prior) just a couple of seasons back, speculation is just turned 25 year old half way through the season is going to share center field with starling.

I think he'll get a lot of at bats...

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Mondesi schmondesi. How about Jorge Soler, he of the 35 HRs, 87 RBIs?
    Shhh! Don’t break it!

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Mondesi schmondesi. How about Jorge Soler, he of the 35 HRs, 87 RBIs?

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    He's hitting .266 and he hit .276 over the last two years which certainly fall into the "decent" category. As far as taking a walk, not likely.

But sure, he's Billy Hamilton... who instead plays SS ... and gets regular ABs ... hits with some power (close to avg mlb exit velo unlike BH who is dreadful) ... and maintains a decent avg. Which makes him significantly, significantly more valuable than Billy Hamilton in roto.
    Not to mention Mondesi hitting in the heart of the order vs Hamilton hitting 9th.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Mondesi question
    We know that he can steal bases, but is there any tangible reason to believe that he can eventually get a decent batting average and learn to take a walk?
    How is he not just Billy Hamilton?
    He's hitting .266 and he hit .276 over the last two years which certainly fall into the "decent" category. As far as taking a walk, not likely.

But sure, he's Billy Hamilton... who instead plays SS ... and gets regular ABs ... hits with some power (close to avg mlb exit velo unlike BH who is dreadful) ... and maintains a decent avg. Which makes him significantly, significantly more valuable than Billy Hamilton in roto.

Leave a comment:

• swampdragon
    replied
    Mondesi question
    We know that he can steal bases, but is there any tangible reason to believe that he can eventually get a decent batting average and learn to take a walk?
    How is he not just Billy Hamilton?

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
    How long of an absence does that usually entail? I guess I can wait for an official announcement, just... booo.
    I don't think there's a "usual" case. Every case is different. He could be out the rest of the year. He could be back tomorrow. Bellinger's separated his right shoulder in May and stayed in the game.

On the positive side we do know it's his glove arm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X