Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virgonomic
    replied
    Congrats to the Royals on a dominant postseason. They were never out of a game, and they seemed to get stronger every game. It was fun to watch as a baseball fan.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Not quite as confusing as Rougned Odor, who has a brother by the same name who, like him, also plays 2B in the Rangers org. Would love to see how the announcers handle it if and when they're both in MLB w the Rangers.
    Trying to pick one at the draft could be an adventure as well. How about calling them number one Odor and number two Odor?

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Mondesi does have the look of a pinch runner, though his defense is supposed to be pretty good as well. The kid has a gun, just like his papa.

It's a bit confusing, since his older brother is named Raul Jr.

J
    Not quite as confusing as Rougned Odor, who has a brother by the same name who, like him, also plays 2B in the Rangers org. Would love to see how the announcers handle it if and when they're both in MLB w the Rangers.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Mondesi does have the look of a pinch runner, though his defense is supposed to be pretty good as well. The kid has a gun, just like his papa.

It's a bit confusing, since his older brother is named Raul Jr.

J

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    Gore must have done something to really piss Yost off. In game 6 when a pinch runner was needed he went to Orlando instead of Gore. I was surprised at the time but there must have been something going on.

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    From RotoWorld:

Royals purchased the contract of INF Raul Mondesi from Double-A Northwest Arkansas.
    Mondesi has been added to the Royals' roster for the World Series while Terrance Gore has been taken off. He'll have a chance to become the first player ever to make his major league debut in the World Series. One of the Royals' top prospects, the 20-year-old batted .243/.279/.372 with six homers and 19 steals over 81 games this season in Double-A while splitting time between shortstop and second base. He'll serve as middle infield depth and give Ned Yost another pinch-running option.

Intriguing move.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    I was looking for the Royals World Series thread. Where is it?

I like them against the Mets. A real showcase of glove CF.

J

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by cleo View Post
    Why would anyone even play in a mixed league? Unless your mixed league is 20+ teams, why bother. You probably have all star players on your reserve rosters and guys with 20 Hr on the free agent list.

Only leagues are the way to go. Deep reserve rosters (17 players) where you can do your homework and really build your team. Cuba, Japan, college, low minors and RHD's list is where you go to dig for gold. To me that is where I enjoy this game the most.
    I can understand that having to do homework on twice as many players in a mixed league isn't for everyone. But i myself find it to be quite enjoyable. Plus, nobody has their roster decimated on July 31 when players change leagues. And the daily dropping and adding of players in a mixed league with limited roster space adds another element to the in-season management of the team. There's 14 managers in my 25 year old league that love it. To each his own i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Pogues
    replied
    Why would anyone even play in a mixed league? Unless your mixed league is 20+ teams, why bother. You probably have all star players on your reserve rosters and guys with 20 Hr on the free agent list.

Only leagues are the way to go. Deep reserve rosters (17 players) where you can do your homework and really build your team. Cuba, Japan, college, low minors and RHD's list is where you go to dig for gold. To me that is where I enjoy this game the most.
    Or blah blah blah blah blah blah that's what I like to do.

Leave a comment:

• cleo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Most leagues are mixed and have had Cueto since April.
    Or an NL-only league where you can keep those traded for the rest of the season...

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    I never at any time have a NL to AL pitcher on my squad. Any owner that picked up Cueto was just begging for a beating.
    Most leagues are mixed and have had Cueto since April.

Leave a comment:

• cleo
    replied
    I never at any time have a NL to AL pitcher on my squad. Any owner that picked up Cueto was just begging for a beating.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    WTF has happened to Johnny Cueto in the last month? He has been horrible in his last five starts! He has to be injured.
    I will say there is no way I anticipated benching Johnny Cueto as I come down the stretch, especially not in favor of Bartolo Colon. But hey, fighting for every point in ERA and WHIP - have to go with Colon. Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    WTF has happened to Johnny Cueto in the last month? He has been horrible in his last five starts! He has to be injured.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X