• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    That has to be for CF. Wow.

J
    Yes, there have been rumors of them moving Merrifield to CF, but this appears to put the kibosh on that move.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    That has to be for CF. Wow.

J

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Royals sign Jon Jay to a 1yr deal

Leave a comment:

• TranaGreg
    replied
    from yesterday - how NOT to run home when the guy trying to stretch a single into a double represents the THIRD out of the inning ... that's Lorenzo Cain ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lorenzo Cain is walking to the plate while watching Eric Hosmer get tagged out at second base WHILE DOWN SIX RUNS. Run doesn&#39;t score. <a href="https://t.co/SKRlswRRx8">pic.twitter.com/SKRlswRRx8</a></p>&mdash; BP Toronto (@BProToronto) <a href="https://twitter.com/BProToronto/status/879087906740207617">June 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

edit: bummer, embedding that tweet didn't work ... oh well, here's a link
    Last edited by TranaGreg; 06-26-2017, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boone
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Escobar's a free agent at the end of the year. I can't see the Royals holding onto him much longer.
    Thx. So Mondesi comes up to finish the year as the Royals shortstop? Makes sense to give the kid some major league experience in a stress-free (rebuilding) season ...

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Boone View Post
    With Merrifield playing well, it's hard to see Mondesi cracking the big league roster any time soon.

Unless ...

What are the Royals going to do with Alcides Escobar? Will they trade him for a handful of beans at midseason and bring up Mondesi?
    Or keep him and hope he will begin to produce?
    Escobar's a free agent at the end of the year. I can't see the Royals holding onto him much longer.

Leave a comment:

• Boone
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Raul Mondesi demoted to AAA.
    With Merrifield playing well, it's hard to see Mondesi cracking the big league roster any time soon.

Unless ...

What are the Royals going to do with Alcides Escobar? Will they trade him for a handful of beans at midseason and bring up Mondesi?
    Or keep him and hope he will begin to produce?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    He went for $3 in AL Tout Wars. For comparison, Jorge Polanco went for $10. At those prices, I'll take Mondesi.

What's the long term upside? Jimmy Rollins? Roberto Alomar? Is the downside Nick Ahmed with speed?

J
    Raul Mondesi demoted to AAA.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, I like Mondesi, but putting a HOF or close to HOF ceiling on him is crazy. I do think he is likely to develop more power than Escobar and Andrus though.
    Any regular at age 21 should be considered a candidate for the Hall. It requires at least one major step forward and consistency at the new level, but everyone has always talked about his tools.

For 2017 Escobar and Andrus are more realistic. If he develops with his age group, they will be his floor by 2020.

J

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Terrance Gore seems to have made the squad. Might scoop him up with a FAAB bid for cheap speed. Just don't know if he will play at all.
    I've got both Gore and Mondesi, looks like I have solved my speed issues if they both start and GOB

Leave a comment:

• SlideRule
    replied
    Mondesi went for $14 in my 10-team AL-only last weekend. Before the announcement of him winning the starting job. I was not in the bidding.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    It wasn't very long ago people were doubting Billy Hamilton. Defense and speed make up for a lot ills.
    Understood, and he may get that opportunity in KC, especially if they tear it down this year. I just don't think that's the most likely outcome.

If he'd go for a buck or two, I'd probably be in. I'm hoping for a bidding war.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    I think the long term upside is more Alcides Escobar or Elvis Andrus?
    Yeah, I like Mondesi, but putting a HOF or close to HOF ceiling on him is crazy. I do think he is likely to develop more power than Escobar and Andrus though.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I'm betting no, but will be throwing him out early hoping about six owners disagree with me.
    It wasn't very long ago people were doubting Billy Hamilton. Defense and speed make up for a lot ills.

Leave a comment:

• joncarlos
    replied
    He went for $3 in AL Tout Wars. For comparison, Jorge Polanco went for $10. At those prices, I'll take Mondesi.

What's the long term upside? Jimmy Rollins? Roberto Alomar? Is the downside Nick Ahmed with speed?

J
    I think the long term upside is more Alcides Escobar or Elvis Andrus?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X