Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryno84MVP
    replied
    Alex Rios suffered a fracture in his left hand. He will be placed on the disabled list. No timetable yet for his return.

Leave a comment:

• SlideRule
    replied
    Well, he gets in today, but only after Rios gets hit by a pitch.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    It's April.

J

Leave a comment:

• SlideRule
    replied
    So does anyone have any thoughts as to why Jarrod Dyson has yet to get into a game? I was expecting (hoping) he'd get a start or two a week as a platoon-ish type, or at least get some PH/PR action... but so far, nothing!

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    It will be interesting where he goes in my keeper league.

J

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Holy Crap...you NEVER want to hear a pitcher say this, especially one with the upside of a Brandon Finnegan...
    LOL...yeah, if I were a senior Royals management person, that would have been a Depends moment for me.

Leave a comment:

• Hornsby
    replied
    Holy Crap...you NEVER want to hear a pitcher say this, especially one with the upside of a Brandon Finnegan...

Brandon Finnegan on how he felt starting his throwing this winter: “It felt like I tore everything in my arm.” He said he feels better now.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    They replace Billy Butler with Kendrys Morales.

Morales signed a two-year, $17 million deal with the Royals on Thursday, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports. (12/11/2014)

J

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Interesting article on their 2015 chances.

The Kansas City Royals just concluded the most improbable, exhilarating, agonizing and — ultimately — meaningful season in the franchise’s past three decades …

I'd take the 92 Braves as a role model.

J

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Not this year at least.

The Royals would not have been last in the majors in HR in most ball parks, but this is getting ridiculous.

J

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Mike Moustakas is a pre- and post-season beast! Regular season? Eh, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by eldiablo505
    The Royals have not played in a 9 inning postseason game since 1985.
    Irony, thy name is eldiablo.

J

Leave a comment:

• virgonomic
    replied
    I teach a grade 12 Data Management (Probability and Statistics) and use AVG as a measure of probability and SLG as a mathematical index. There is a boy in my grade 10 math class who I taught last year who is a strong math student and wears a red Maple Leafs cap, so he was already a favourite. Yesterday we were talking about baseball and he told me he is a Royals fan and watched every game. His favourite players are Duffy and Gordon. It's rare for a kid to be into baseball so I thought it was awesome and I'm happy that they are back in the playoffs and becoming a Cinderella team.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Do we have any Royals fans here. I was back in my school days and Mike still uses a Royals player as his site name, but that was back when. Are there any current fans here? Watching their push for the division has got to be a rush.

J
    Take it from a Pirates fan, even a wildcard game will make fans go crazy after many years of losing. Johnny Cueto can confirm this.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Back in the day the A's left town, leaving a bad taste. It was worse when they got good in California. From the start, the Royals were better than the A's had been. There was built in drama in that the A's were good and in the same city as the Raiders (The Chiefs went to Super Bowls then). For good reading on this, find the Bill James essays on being a Kansas City baseball fan.

The team was solid to outstanding through the mid 1980's. Then, the storied trio of Brett, White and Wilson retired. I moved out of the area in 1989. A team thatnever lost 100 games, did so with frequency. In Texas, George W Bush had purchased the local team and brought some excitement. During th 90s, they put together the bones of a playoff team and built one of the best ballparks anywhere. The Royals became a memory. I've had a casual interest, but I have not followed the team in 20 years. I know my cousins back there are absolutely nuts right now.

J

Leave a comment:

Working...
X