No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiSox currently are 31-101, 44 G behind the 1st place Guardians. Their winning pct. currently is .235, which is the same as the 1916 Athletics, which represents the worst win pct. in modern MLB history So the record for worst win pct. and the most losses in a season are both very much in play for the Sox.

But if you're wondering whether they have a chance at finishing the furthest games behind in history, that record is safe. The most games a team has finished behind in a season in modern MLB history is 66.5 by the 1906 Boston Braves. That was the year the Cubs set the record for best win pct. by going 116-36.

Comment

• White Sox got swept in a DH today by Texas and now are 31-103. They had a chance to win the nightcap when Andrew Vaughn hit what looked to be a walkoff 3-R HR in the 9th but a spectacular catch by Travis Jankowski saved the game which the Rangers eventually won. Like I said before, to have a record this bad you not only need to be very bad but also pretty unlucky.

Comment

• Minnesota is 12-1 vs the White Sox, 60-60 vs everyone else. Detroit 9-1, 59-65. KC 12-1, 63-58. Cleveland 5-5, 71-53. Field day for the Boston media if they haven't picked up on it already
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• ChiSox lost again today and are now 31-106. Latest losing streak is now 9 G. All they have to do now to set the record for most losses is go 10-15 the rest of the way. Seems like a cinch.

Comment

• If they get the record, they deserve the top draft pick. But they could end up picking as low as 18th with the new lottery system.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              In addition to these other records of futility they could set, they also have a shot at the largest negative run differential in modern MLB history. Currently they're at -241 runs. Modern record is -349 by the 1932 RedSox. They're on a pace to finish at -345. With 49 games left, including today, they would have to average about -2.2 runs per game the rest of the way to tie the record. They are losing today 3-0 in the 2nd inning.
              ChiSox' losing streak reached 11 G by losing 13-3 to the O's today. They now have a -301 run differential w 23 G to play. They're on a pace to finish at -351 G which would break the modern record.

Comment

• MLB Teams With The Most Losses

1. 1962 New York Mets - 120
                2. 2003 Detroit Tigers - 119
                3. 1916 Philadelphia Athletics - 116
                4. 2024 Chicago White Sox - 115
                4. 2018 Baltimore Orioles - 115
                4. 1935 Boston Braves - 115
                7. 2019 Detroit Tigers - 114
                8. 1904 Washington Senators - 113
                9. 2023 Oakland A's - 112
                9. 1965 New York Mets - 112
                9. 1952 Pittsburgh Pirates - 112
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X