No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiteSox now are 27-83 for a .245 winning percentage. At this rate, they would project to finish 40-122, which would be the most losses in modern MLB history and would be the 2nd worst winning percentage, behind only the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics who were 36-117 for a .235 percentage. To emphasize how bad this is, a team comprised of all replacement-level players would be expected to finish 50-112. So a team would not only have to be really bad but also rather unlucky to have a record like this.

Worst season of all-time was by the 1899 Cleveland Spiders at 20-134 for a .130 percentage but that season should have an asterisk.
    Last edited by rhd; 08-06-2024, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• The team they are chasing for the record was an expansion team. Since the Sox are not they are just simply the worst team of all time. I am not one of those Cubs fans that are a White Sox hater. This has been awful to watch. It is not done getting bad yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        The White Sox have lost 16 straight for a new franchise record. The franchise's previous single-season longest losing streak was 14, which was also courtesy of this team. It set that mark on June 7.​
        It's now a 17 game losing streak.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's now a 17 game losing streak.
          Lost 10-3...I guess they are not as good after the trades?

Comment

• It's now an 18 game losing streak.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's now an 18 game losing streak.
              10-2 so they are getting worse.

Comment

• Only 5 more to go to tie the longest losing streak in history....now I kind of want them to do that.

Comment

• It's now a 19 game losing streak for the White Sox.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• from wikipedia:

The 1889 Louisville Colonels hold the record for the longest losing streak in official MLB history at 26 games, though the 1875 Brooklyn Atlantics lost 31 consecutive games in the National Association, a number that is not considered official by MLB.

In the modern two-league era, the longest losing streak belongs to the
                    1961 Philadelphia Phillies at 23 games. In the American League, the 1988 Baltimore Orioles hold the record at 21 games.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• In addition to these other records of futility they could set, they also have a shot at the largest negative run differential in modern MLB history. Currently they're at -241 runs. Modern record is -349 by the 1932 RedSox. They're on a pace to finish at -345. With 49 games left, including today, they would have to average about -2.2 runs per game the rest of the way to tie the record. They are losing today 3-0 in the 2nd inning.
                      Last edited by rhd; 08-04-2024, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Now they fly west to Oakland for 3 before coming hom to host the Cubs and all their fans over the weekend before taking on the Yankees and the Astros. Folks, 30 consecutive losses is possible

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Now they fly west to Oakland for 3 before coming home to host the Cubs and all their fans over the weekend before taking on the Yankees and the Astros. Folks, 30 consecutive losses is possible
                          Now 20 consecutive losses. They could come home with the AL record.
                          Last edited by madducks; 08-05-2024, 03:50 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Limiting Crochet to 4 IP each start wont help end the streak.

Comment

• The worst part about all of this is that the team with the worst record isn't guaranteed the first pick in the draft anymore. The draft order for the first six picks is now determined (from a pool of the worst 18 teams) by the draft lottery held at the winter meetings​.
                              Last edited by madducks; 08-31-2024, 09:41 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                Now they fly west to Oakland for 3 before coming hom to host the Cubs and all their fans over the weekend before taking on the Yankees and the Astros. Folks, 30 consecutive losses is possible
                                Surely they can beat the A's (or Cubs) once. Tomorrow night Stripling pitches for the A's. I'm calling the Sox to win.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X