2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
    anyone else worried about goldys rbi total this season with segura hitting leadoff?
    Not really. It's not like line ups aren't very fluid things. Again, if it isn't working, they won't hesitate to change things up. What were the lead off numbers for zona last year? I doubt they were great, and I doubt they will be much worse this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
      Jean Segura named leadoff hitter. sigh.
      What are you sighing about, kid? It states plainly in the 1978 MLB manager's manual that the fastest guy in the lineup is the leadoff hitter. Period. Ask Dusty Baker, he'll tell ya! Your fancy OBPIP or whatever it's called has naught to do with it, and you can go tell THAT to your hipster sabermetrician buddies!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Not really. It's not like line ups aren't very fluid things. Again, if it isn't working, they won't hesitate to change things up. What were the lead off numbers for zona last year? I doubt they were great, and I doubt they will be much worse this year.
        Pollock and Enciarte combined for 642 ABs out of the #1 spot with a .303 average and a .347 OBP. Id say thats pretty great.

Comment

Pollock and Enciarte combined for 642 ABs out of the #1 spot with a .303 average and a .347 OBP. Id say thats pretty great.
          But Segura has a .527 average and .544 OBP in spring. That destroys .303 and .347. Or, does this belong in the spring overreaction thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            But Segura has a .527 average and .544 OBP in spring. That destroys .303 and .347. Or, does this belong in the spring overreaction thread?
            I dont know if youre serious or not. If you are, then id start with saying thats its a really small sample size in front of a big body of work(career avgs) that is very likely misrepresenting his true skill level. He had a really nice year in 2013, but has seen his numbers regress over the past two years. Over the three full seasons hes been in the league, hes only had an average above .264 once (that 2013 outlier). With an average that low, he would need to walk a lot to get on base enough and he doesnt.

Comment

I dont know if youre serious or not. If you are, then id start with saying thats its a really small sample size in front of a big body of work(career avgs) that is very likely misrepresenting his true skill level. He had a really nice year in 2013, but has seen his numbers regress over the past two years. Over the three full seasons hes been in the league, hes only had an average above .264 once (that 2013 outlier). With an average that low, he would need to walk a lot to get on base enough and he doesnt.
              I'm very much not serious...

Comment

• See, thats what I thought, but with this dag nabbid intraweb you can never be too sure.

Comment

• To be fair, some guy kept him in my 10-team NL for $21, so there's at least two of these idiots out there.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    To be fair, some guy kept him in my 10-team NL for $21, so there's at least two of these idiots out there.
                    Good luck to that brave soldier

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      To be fair, some guy kept him in my 10-team NL for $21, so there's at least two of these idiots out there.
                      That's just because I'm a cheap bastard and didn't want to pay extra real money towards the pot in a year that I probably can't win anyway.

But, well played sir.

Comment

• and, calling controller jacobs, change the thread title to 2K16 please!
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• From a distance, their new uniforms remind me of the '76 White Sox, with those vomit-inducing collars......

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            From a distance, their new uniforms remind me of the '76 White Sox, with those vomit-inducing collars......
                            C'mon Ed. Tell us what you really think.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Can one be prejudiced against a baseball team?

If so, then I am prejudiced against the Diamondbacks. I can't figure it out, but I hate just about everything about this team. I like a few of their low-end pitchers, Delgado, Bracho, and a hitter or two, but every year I like this team less and less. And it wasn't really that long ago, I was rooting for them so hard to beat the Yankees that they became one of my favorites teams.

Now I can't stand them.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                C'mon Ed. Tell us what you really think.

J
                                All that's needed are shorts to complete the look!

Comment

Working...
                                X