No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my spring-long quest to figure out whether to keep Lamb or not I frequented a DBacks blog. They had figured that Peralta would platoon with Ross but obviously that's off the table so I'm guessing they'll just have Inciarte give everyone a break when needed. Lamb wasn't expected to be platooned and I think Hill starting yesterday was a veteran thing. Hill should get 2-3 starts a week filling in for Ahmed/Owings/Lamb as well.

Comment

Tomas recalled from AAA to play....

so that ???? goes to the bench

What are the DBacks doing?!

Comment

Not yet, especially since that wouldn't open up any playing time for Tomas.

Comment

According to Dave Stewart, Tomas is being brought up to be a bat off the bench. Take that for what you will...

My guess is that they want to make sure that they have an eye on him at all times, and it's more important to school him in the bigs than to get him AB's in the minors with a minimum of instruction. Can't say I disagree with them if that's the case.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

So are the Dbacks or the Phillies the worst front office in baseball? It's amazing how little time it's taken for Dave Stewart and Tony LaRusa to show just how incompetent they are in their new roles. They could not have handled the Tomas situation worse if they had tried.

Comment

Seems to be an issue with the 40 man roster as much as anything else...

The D-backs considered opening the season with Tomas on the roster but, in the final analysis, decided they wanted him to have a more regular role, and that would only be possible at Reno. But when Laird went on the disabled list, Jordan Pacheco became the backup catcher, often the last player a manager will use off the bench. Finding a spot on the 40-man roster also was an issue, Stewart said, since the D-backs have the full 40. Pitchers Patrick Corbin and Matt Stites could have been transferred from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day, a move that opens a spot, but Stewart said he believes both could be ready to pitch before June 7.

"Injuries dictate a lot of things that you don't imagine," Stewart said. "I think ideally we probably would have liked to have seen him get more at-bats at Triple-A and get more playing time at Triple-A, but when we looked at our roster to see what we had available, we felt he was the best option."

Acquiring the major league experience, even is as a bench player, is another benefit for Tomas, Hale said.
              "Everybody is going to say he needs more at-bats, he needs to play every day," Hale said.
              "True, but there's something to coming here, getting a taste of what it's like to be in the major leagues, seeing how things work, being with the coaches here, getting the game play ironed out, working in the outfield with Dave McKay. There's a lot of things he can learn here while not having to worry about playing four or five at-bats a night."
              Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

agreed that the Phillies and the Dbacks are the dumbest NL teams. they spent $60M on this guy, and his status is determined by if Matt Stites might come back a few weeks early in June. as if it will matter, lol
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  agreed that the Phillies and the Dbacks are the dumbest NL teams. they spent $60M on this guy, and his status is determined by if Matt Stites might come back a few weeks early in June. as if it will matter, lol
                  Colorado is pretty dumb, too.

Really, I think the title of Dumbest NL Team would be a hard-fought battle... with lots of eye-poking, head-slapping, and running in place.

Comment

yeah, Rockies have to be in the conversation.

I drafted their Tapis OF and McMahon 3B today, and own Gray SP to boot. hope they get smarter!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      Really, I think the title of Dumbest NL Team would be a hard-fought battle... with lots of eye-poking, head-slapping, and running in place.
                      i imagine a fight at the start to see who gets to be curly. dave stewart has the hairdo for it. la russa could be a convincing moe.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Jake Lamb to the DL with a foot injury. Guess that's why Tomas was recalled.
                        Please, no video.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Bradley hit in face on a Carlos Gonzalez comebacker. He walked off the field, but is out of the game.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

So is Hill not completely useless after all, or was the 4-5 just a blip on what will be the radar screen of his demise as a major league regular?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              So is Hill not completely useless after all, or was the 4-5 just a blip on what will be the radar screen of his demise as a major league regular?
                              Him facing a lefty in Coors is about as sweet as it gets. With Ahmed and Owings sucking balls there's still a window for playing time but I'm guessing today's showing won't sway things too much.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Him facing a lefty in Coors is about as sweet as it gets. With Ahmed and Owings sucking balls there's still a window for playing time but I'm guessing today's showing won't sway things too much.
                                Yeah, that seems true. I guess I was just being hopeful. He does have two more hits so far in game 2 of the dh, against a righty. He has raised his avg from .196 to .262 in one day .

Comment

Working...
                                X