2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    That was the final straw that broke my camel's back. There's no doubt in my mind that it's Stewart who said this. He's become increasingly comfortable in putting his "old school" opinions out there for consumption, plus he's got the whole agent arrogance thing that's carried over to his new position. Couple that with LaRussa being a personnel idiot himself, and you have a combination rife for catastrophe on the field.
    I think that you're putting then cart WAAAY before the horse here. At this point, all they've had to do is to try to un-do the previous administrations errors. So far, I like the signing of Tomas, dealing Montero off for whatever they can get, and revamping the rotation with younger arms.

It's not a great club by any means, but I think that they're going in the right direction...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

btw, in case you missed it, something to know about for NL or deep leagues: there's some chance that Nick Ahmed beats out Chris Owings for the starting SS spot. Apparently, according to http://www.artesianews.com/1035026/a...backs-4-2.html, instead of putting Owings on the bench that could lead to Owings taking over at second for Hill and Hill possibly playing third if Tomas isn't able to. That sounds pretty sketchy all around, but that article actually has a quote from the manager saying "if Hill isn't the starter at second, he'll have to be flexible enough to play some other position."

I would have posted this earlier but wanted to make sure I got Ahmed in the leagues I'm in with other RJ members :P
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Ahmed might be interesting in deep NL leagues. It makes some sense if they are worried Owings' shoulder is better suited for 2B. But even if they move Hill to 3B they are also displacing Lamb, not to mention Inciarte and Peralta in the outfield. And they need to play Hill somewhere so they can showcase him for a trade. Well they would need to do that if they were smart.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          btw, in case you missed it, something to know about for NL or deep leagues: there's some chance that Nick Ahmed beats out Chris Owings for the starting SS spot. Apparently, according to http://www.artesianews.com/1035026/a...backs-4-2.html, instead of putting Owings on the bench that could lead to Owings taking over at second for Hill and Hill possibly playing third if Tomas isn't able to. That sounds pretty sketchy all around, but that article actually has a quote from the manager saying "if Hill isn't the starter at second, he'll have to be flexible enough to play some other position."

I would have posted this earlier but wanted to make sure I got Ahmed in the leagues I'm in with other RJ members :P
          Ahmed is under the age of 35 - I wouldn't have had any interest...

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            Not even if he was the best available hitter on the board?
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              I had great interest in him for our NL only endgame. I bid $1 and as the auctioneer started the going once...my buddy blurted out he is the starter. This resulted in another owner yelling $2 dollars. I didn't have any more bullets.

I ended up filling my UT with a middle reliever. Not the end of the world, but would rather have Ahmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I had great interest in him for our NL only endgame. I bid $1 and as the auctioneer started the going once...my buddy blurted out he is the starter. This resulted in another owner yelling $2 dollars. I didn't have any more bullets.

I ended up filling my UT with a middle reliever. Not the end of the world, but would rather have Ahmed.
                Not much of a buddy if he screwed you like that...
                2021 Auction Anatomy
                2021 Keeper Decisions
                2020 Auction Anatomy
                2020 Pre-Auction
                2015 Auction Anatomy
                2014 Auction Anatomy
                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  Not much of a buddy if he screwed you like that...
                  I wish that my fellow league owners were stupid enough to increase their bids based upon my comments (I have "anointed" many guys as future closers, starters or studs in attempt to pump up the bids with no success). If the guy bid $2, it probably had nothing to do with any comment (which was a lie anyway since, as of right now, he's not the starter). Tuffy Gosewisch is a starter, did someone bid $2?
                  Last edited by Ryno84MVP; 03-31-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Rotoworld floated that theory a little while back as well, but to me it makes no sense. Lamb is having the best spring of any of them by far (1.013 OPS) and is a natural third baseman with a solid glove. Why would they put two players out of position just to weaken their offense?

FWIW, here's what the SB Nation's DBacks blog has to say about the situation - http://www.azsnakepit.com/2015/3/29/...-batting-order

Comment

Trevor Cahill traded to the Braves and Archie Bradley will be the SP5.

Comment

Talk that Yasmany Tomas may start the season in the minors. That makes him an expensive acquisition. Is he fine or is there a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Talk that Yasmany Tomas may start the season in the minors. That makes him an expensive acquisition. Is he fine or is there a problem?
                          Everyone knew when they acquired him that there was no room for him in the outfield so it was a bit surprising when they thought he could play 3B. Now that the 3B expirement is at best a work in progress, the DBacks probably want to see Tomas rake in AAA and show that he can play defense somewhere and in the meantime wait for an outfielder to get hurt or try to work a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Trevor Cahill traded to the Braves and Archie Bradley will be the SP5.
                            What will Cahill's status be on the Braves?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'll give the D-Backs a little credit for not worrying about the service time issue with Bradley. They obviously could have played that game with nobody caring, since they're unlikely to contend, but they did what they thought would be best for the player, and the club by keeping Archie up in the majors...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                What will Cahill's status be on the Braves?

J
                                Sp4 I would imagine. They have Teheran, Wood, Miller and then I think they were planning on Eric Stults and Wandy Rodriguez as their 4/5. Nice pickup by the Braves.

Comment

Working...
                                X