No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, definitely going to bid on quite a few guys since I have 2 dead spots to fill. The top team has Peralta at SS so he might bid fairly high on Ahmed.

Since it's our first time using FAAB I can't figure out whether the bids will be super conservative or super aggressive. We use $0 bids so running out of FAAB at the end of the year isn't an issue but I wonder how seriously teams will believe in one week's worth of stats.

Comment

• segura has gone deep twice already tonight. maybe he's past his personal troubles and a change of scenery is doing him well...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        segura has gone deep twice already tonight. maybe he's past his personal troubles and a change of scenery is doing him well...
        I hope so. I'm rooting for him, and I have been cautiously optimistic about his chances of having a good year.

Comment

• Not only do I love David Peralta's backstory, but I love his batting stance -- he lays the bat on his shoulder, then pops it up just before the pitch. It's both amusing and effective!

Comment

• With Owings getting starts in CF, is Ahmed going to keep getting consistent playing time and batting at the top of the order? And even if he does, where is he ranked in mixed leagues?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
              With Owings getting starts in CF, is Ahmed going to keep getting consistent playing time and batting at the top of the order? And even if he does, where is he ranked in mixed leagues?
              Fairly regular - they also have Drury as an option at 2B but as long as he keeps hitting like he has he'll stay in there due to his glove.

Comment

• Socrates Brito demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Does this change playing time for Gosselin or Drury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Does this change playing time for Gosselin or Drury?
                    Peralta will get some time in CF, meaning Drury in a corner spot?

Comment

• Jean Segura is fortunate every bone in his face wasn't broken.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Jean Segura is fortunate every bone in his face wasn't broken.
                        Ahmed was even worse. Cripes.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Tomas looks improved this season so far. He has walked almost as many times as did last season improving his OBP to .350. His contact rate has come up 7% from 73% to 80%. And he hit 2/3rd as many HR as last season. Wonder if he will be able to keep these gains? Could be a very nice season.

Comment

• Diamondbacks call up Peter O'Brien from AAA. The guy has raked at every level but is terrible defensively.

2013 - A - 22 hr, 96 rbi, .291 avg
                            2014 - A/AA -34 hr, 74 rbi, .271 avg
                            2015 - AAA - 26 hr, 107 rbi, .284 avg
                            2016 - AAA - 17 hr, 52 rbi, .330 avg

Yeah he also strikes out a lot but so do most other power hitters. Maybe he will learn to take more walks if he watches Goldy enough. Arizona OF is really getting crowded though with Tomas, Peralta, Drury, Weeks, Bourne, Owens, and now O'Brien. Maybe they will trade for some pitching.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• With Drury cooling off big time and Tomas continuing his crappiness after a hot start, this isn't a surprising move. It will be interesting to see what they do if they're still 10+ games out of it in a few weeks. They don't have all that many obvious trade chips although they could probably get a decent haul for Segura and something decent for Ziegler. O'Brien and Drury could use an extended look but they probably want to get an even longer look at Tomas so the OF playing time will be something to watch in the upcoming weeks.

Comment

• Castillo has been horrible for quite awhile.

That is all.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X