No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Shelby Miller might have a good year. Or at least I'm hoping since I snagged him cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      JJ Hoover, with a scoreless spring, makes the team.
      I kept him for 10 last year as the "Reds closer" - maybe the worst freeze in the history of fantasy baseball. I think he allowed more homers than he got outs!
      The announcers at yesterdays game (4/2) said Hoover figured out what went wrong last year as closer. Looks like he figured out it's his fastball that is/was the problem. He only threw 5 fastballs out of 18 total pitches during his outing and only 2 were thrown for strikes. But he did get Pence and Nunez out.

Comment

• The D'backs have to get Herrman out of LF. I think I just watched the worst two throws from the OF I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• Zach Godley? Zach Studley!

Comment

• Glad I got him for $1 FAAB so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Zach Godley? Zach Studley!
              he just keeps going....down to 2.19 ERA and 1.00 WHIP across 50 IP so far.

Comment

he just keeps going....down to 2.19 ERA and 1.00 WHIP across 50 IP so far.
                And going......a gem at Coors Field today.

Comment

And going......a gem at Coors Field today.
                  Really glad I started him over Hahn.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Zack Grienke acknowledged that his fastball is down to the 84-86 mph range. No idea if this is on purpose, but I think this is newsworthy.

Comment

Zack Grienke acknowledged that his fastball is down to the 84-86 mph range. No idea if this is on purpose, but I think this is newsworthy.
                      I vaguely remember the same kind of thing last year?

Comment

• Aha! Found it, I was right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Yes, I will forever be grateful to Greinke for his Eeyore like pessimism about himself. It allowed me to trade Corey Ray and spare parts for him during week one? It was a big reason why I won the title last year.

The moral of the story for me is I am not worried about Greinke. His velocity was down last year and he was down on himself then too. I did expect some regression from him, but that should be mitigated by the humidor. I am confident he will be a top 20 pitcher this year.

Comment

• hmmmmm......

Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo strongly suggested Zack Greinke (groin) will not be ready for Opening Day.
                            "My mind-set is to not have him play catch-up for one day during the season," said Lovullo. "We want to make sure he’s strong from Day 1 until the end of the season." Greinke exited Wednesday's start with right groin tightness but was able to play catch on Thursday. Still, he won't throw his usual bullpen session on Saturday or make his scheduled start Monday against the White Sox. With Greinke on the shelf, Robbie Ray projects to start Opening Day on March 29.
                            Source: Arizona RepublicMar 15 - 5:42 PM

Comment

hmmmmm......

Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo strongly suggested Zack Greinke (groin) will not be ready for Opening Day.
                              "My mind-set is to not have him play catch-up for one day during the season," said Lovullo. "We want to make sure he’s strong from Day 1 until the end of the season." Greinke exited Wednesday's start with right groin tightness but was able to play catch on Thursday. Still, he won't throw his usual bullpen session on Saturday or make his scheduled start Monday against the White Sox. With Greinke on the shelf, Robbie Ray projects to start Opening Day on March 29.
                              Source: Arizona RepublicMar 15 - 5:42 PM
                              Enjoy the annual sky is falling Greinke discount fellas.

Comment

• Jake Lamb to the DL with shoulder issue...I wonder if this opens up some PT for Owings

Comment

Working...
                                X