2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take this for what it's worth ...

edit: embedded tweet not formatting properly ... I'll paste it here, from Marcus Stroman's twitter account ...

Lost arbitration. Is what it is. Looking forward to going out and dealing again. The negative things that were said against me, by my own team, will never leave my mind. I’m thick-skinned so it will only fuel the fire. Can’t wait for this year!
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lost arbitration. Is what it is. Looking forward to going out and dealing again. The negative things that were said against me, by my own team, will never leave my mind. I’m thick-skinned so it will only fuel the fire. Can’t wait for this year! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HDMH?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HDMH</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Stroman (@MStrooo6) <a href="https://twitter.com/MStrooo6/status/964202930583859201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw the same thing Trana. Of course, upon reading, I thought "doesn't sound like you're very thick-skinned!". Not that he's wrong about negative things being said - arb hearings can get nasty.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yeah, I saw the same thing Trana. Of course, upon reading, I thought "doesn't sound like you're very thick-skinned!". Not that he's wrong about negative things being said - arb hearings can get nasty.
        I guess that would depend on how personal vs. professional the comments were.

Then again all should be taken with a grain of salt; they weren't firing him, just trying to pay him less.

If my company said to me you suck here is a 20% pay increase. I would give them a big hug and say I will try harder not to suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I guess that would depend on how personal vs. professional the comments were.
          Depending on the team, they can get pretty brutal.

Then again all should be taken with a grain of salt; they weren't firing him, just trying to pay him less.
          That might be easy for some, but as one poster (whom I've forgotten) posted in a different thread, athletes overall are pretty much Type-A personalities; I'd be inclined to expect that they'd be less willing to let some suit rip them up in an arb meeting and take it lightly, even if they did get a raise.

If my company said to me you suck here is a 20% pay increase. I would give them a big hug and say I will try harder not to suck.
          But if I wanted a 30% raise because I didn't suck - and Stroman certainly did not suck - I can again understand being upset by being told by a bunch of suits I did suck and don't deserve that extra 10%.

All that said, had I been Stroman, I certainly wouldn't have tweeted what he did. I'd just wait until free agency and tell Toronto to sod off.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• so with today's signing of Tyler Clippard to a minor league deal, we now have in camp on minor league deals (amongst others):

Tyler Clippard
            Craig Breslow
            John Axford
            Al Alburquerque
            Jake Petricka

hey, you never know ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• John Sickels giving us a tease on his 2018 rookie list. blue jays going to like it...

Top 175
              1) Ronald Acuna, OF, Braves Grade A:
              2) Vladimir Guerrero, Jr, 3B, Blue Jays, Grade A:
              3) Bo Bichette, SS, Blue Jays, Grade A:
              4) Fernando Tatis, Jr, SS, Padres, Grade A:
              5) Shohei Ohtani, RHP, Angels, Grade A

Comment

• A month ago the team announced Tulo had a bone spur in his heel. Is Aledmys Diaz the de facto SS? So far no one has made the move on a depth chart, at least that I have seen.

For what it may be worth, the only one stinking camp up more than Diaz is his most obvious competition for top utility guy, Yangervis Solarte. Diaz has an OPS under .700. Solarte's OPS is under .350.

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-12-2018, 05:20 PM.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I'd have to imagine Aledmys is the starter until if and when Tulo gets back.

Comment

• Solarte has been seeing time at SS; I suspect that it will be primarily Diaz with Solarte spelling him occasionally.

FWIW it doesn't sound like Tulo will miss too much time tho, at least for now.

Comment

• Rotowire is now saying Tulo is expected to start the season on DL.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Rotowire is now saying Tulo is expected to start the season on DL.

J
                        Placed on the 60-day DL.

Comment

• I guess it's time to change my Tulo jersey into a GuerreroJr jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            I guess it's time to change my Tulo jersey into a GuerreroJr jersey.
                            Please that Grichuk one is....uhh out of place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Please that Grichuk one is....uhh out of place.
                              I know! that's why when I saw it I wanted to make it my avatar ... it just seems, as you said, out of place. But I'm sure we'll get used to it.

Comment

• Watching the Blue Jays/Yankees game and it looks like Donaldson can't make a throw to first base with anything behind the throw. Is it known that he has shoulder problems? If not, it seems like he does now. Seems like he is trying to gut it out, but how long can he do that for?
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X