2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Overbays upside this year.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I love Overbays upside this year.
      I'm taking the underbay.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• What month will Russell Martin get his first hit?

It's sad that in the league I own him I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Devin Mesoraco to replace him......

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          What month will Russell Martin get his first hit?

It's sad that in the league I own him I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Devin Mesoraco to replace him......
          So far Austin Hedges (0-23) has the lead over Martin (0-18) for worst start among MLB hitters in 2017. Hopefully i reverse jinxed them both now.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            So far Austin Hedges (0-23) has the lead over Martin (0-18) for worst start among MLB hitters in 2017. Hopefully i reverse jinxed them both now.
            They both got hits today. Your welcome Hedges and Martin owners.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I heard a rumour:

To Toronto: Bruce, Gsellman
              To NY: Pompey, Liriano

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                I heard a rumour:

Have Gsellman on two teams so I sure hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I heard a rumour:

Interesting, but if I'm the Mets I need more than this. Bruce is hitting now and while they do need to clear room for Conforto, not sure getting Liriano is the answer. Maybe Estrada instead?

Comment

• The way this season has started I don't think we should make any trades just yet, we may be in full scale rebuild mode by June. And given the ages on this team that may not be such a bad thing.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      The way this season has started I don't think we should make any trades just yet, we may be in full scale rebuild mode by June. And given the ages on this team that may not be such a bad thing.
                      Correcting myself ... rebuild mode by the end of April. 3-12 is a pretty big hole to climb out of - this team looks tired & has no drive whatsoever.

With Donaldson, Tulo, Happ, Estrada, Liriano, + a few spare parts to throw in we should be able to have a pretty nice fire sale. What would Washington want for Robles? or St. Louis for Weaver? Maybe Rodgers in Colorado ... this could be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        Correcting myself ... rebuild mode by the end of April. 3-12 is a pretty big hole to climb out of - this team looks tired & has no drive whatsoever.

With Donaldson, Tulo, Happ, Estrada, Liriano, + a few spare parts to throw in we should be able to have a pretty nice fire sale. What would Washington want for Robles? or St. Louis for Weaver? Maybe Rodgers in Colorado ... this could be interesting.
                        I think that the only thing that Washington really needs at this point is a closer, and they may have it with Glover...we'll see. And the Jays aren't dealing Ozuna at this point. St Louis doesn't seem to make big splashes in the trade market, and Colorado has some very interesting minor leaguers, but what would they give up for Estrada? San Francisco has needs, but no trade chips to speak of. The Mets could be interesting...chuck Reyes and put Donaldson in that lineup? Now that could be fun...unless David Wright comes back and turns back time.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I also am wondering if Atlanta wants to make a run... they would certainly have the pieces to make for an interesting trade partner

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I think that the only thing that Washington really needs at this point is a closer, and they may have it with Glover...we'll see. And the Jays aren't dealing Ozuna at this point. St Louis doesn't seem to make big splashes in the trade market, and Colorado has some very interesting minor leaguers, but what would they give up for Estrada? San Francisco has needs, but no trade chips to speak of. The Mets could be interesting...chuck Reyes and put Donaldson in that lineup? Now that could be fun...unless David Wright comes back and turns back time.
                            Washington...maybe. Right now they don't need anything, but Werth is hurt again and my dead pool pick for Ryan Zimmerman is June 1.

But the Cubs might need a SP or two...
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Current blue jays on the dl:

tulo
                              donaldson
                              pompey
                              happ
                              aa.ron sanchez

Four pretty important pieces and a (young...with some potential) back up outfielder

How do the jays fight their way back from this 4-12 start?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Current blue jays on the dl:

tulo
                                donaldson
                                pompey
                                happ
                                aa.ron sanchez

Four pretty important pieces and a (young...with some potential) back up outfielder

How do the jays fight their way back from this 4-12 start?

By winning ballgames, or by rebuilding.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X