2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    The Travis and Bautista injuries (and being one man short because Tulo hadn't arrived yet) forced Russell Martin to play 2B in the 9th inning last night.
    After watching Martin play with Pittsburgh for two seasons, i realized what a truly gifted all-around athlete this guy is. If Martin wanted to be an everyday second baseman, shortstop, outfielder, or whatever there is no doubt in my mind that he could play there and be great at it.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Apparently he started his pro career as an infielder and shifted to catcher in the minors.

Nice debut by Tulo tonight.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Nice debut by Tulo tonight.
        Yeah...that HR was an absolute bomb.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Supposedly the Blue Jays have jumped into the lead for the services of David Price, offering a package centered around Daniel Norris.
          go AA! git 'er done!
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Supposedly the Blue Jays have jumped into the lead for the services of David Price, offering a package centered around Daniel Norris.
            Local radio in Detroit is saying it could be Daniel Norris, Matt Boyd and Anthony Alford for Price.
            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• whoa.

It's gonna be a fun few months here.

tweet from Marcus Stroman just now ...

Welcome to the 6. You better stay long-term too! Lol @DAVIDprice14 @BlueJays #TORONTO
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Kinda glad the Dodgers didn't do this deal.
                hopefully we'll see you in October to discuss further.

Comment

• It may be too little too late. This is still a team that is 10-22 in one-run games

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    It may be too little too late. This is still a team that is 10-22 in one-run games
                    there's still just over 24 hours to the deadline and we have this jar of pickles available that we found in the back of the fridge ...

Comment

Unclear who is going to the Tigers in the Price deal but everyone appears to agree that the centerpiece is Norris.
                      not alford ...

The full hall includes Norris, Jairo Labourt, and Matt Boyd, Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        there's still just over 24 hours to the deadline and we have this jar of pickles available that we found in the back of the fridge ...
                        That and taking on a contract just might land you another player.

Great sig, BTW

Comment

• just because I'm giddy & can't stop playing with numbers this aft ... here are the numbers for the Jays top 3 starting pitchers now:

Price: 9-4, 2.53 ERA, 1.11 whip
                          Buehrle: 11-5, 3.29 ERA, 1.19 whip
                          Estrada: 7-6, 3.55 ERA, 1.18 whip

suddenly doesn't look too shabby; one more arm for the bullpen would be nice.

Comment

just because I'm giddy & can't stop playing with numbers this aft ... here are the numbers for the Jays top 3 starting pitchers now:

Price: 9-4, 2.53 ERA, 1.11 whip
                            Buehrle: 11-5, 3.29 ERA, 1.19 whip
                            Estrada: 7-6, 3.55 ERA, 1.18 whip

suddenly doesn't look too shabby; one more arm for the bullpen would be nice.
                            Or a starter. A friend of mine mentioned Gallardo, who TEX is looking to move.

Price/Buehrle/Dickey/Estrada/Hutch doesn't look good enough, though Dickey and Estrada have been nails for the past month.

I heard on TSN that the Reds wanted Stroman for Cueto which is why we got Price.

If you had told me Monday that we would get Tulo and Price without giving up Stroman/Sanchez I wouldn't have believed it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

one more arm for the bullpen would be nice.
                              I know it's bad form to quote yourself, but whatever ... add Mark Lowe to the bullpen.

Comment

I know it's bad form to quote yourself, but whatever ... add Mark Lowe to the bullpen.
                                Your minor league rosters are going to start running out of players at this rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X