• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Hutchison demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Drew Hutchison demoted to AAA.
      and Aaron Loup.

Jays are going with 4 SPs for the next couple of weeks due to having 3 off days in the next 8. They both will be back Sept 1 if not earlier.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• clearly his ERA etc tell a different story, but I wonder if anyone has ever been sent to the minors with a W-L record as good as Hutchison's.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Ha, just after I cut him from my fantasy team.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Damn, that's tough. Dude has been nails at home for the last 6 weeks or so. Can't they just adjust the schedule so he only pitches at home?

Comment

• When will Ben Revere steal his first base in a Blue Jay uniform?

Comment

• Don't expect much. With him typically hitting in front of Tulo-Donaldson-Bautista-Encarnacion, there won't be a lot of hitting-and-running either.

When Travis comes back in Sept. Revere might steal a few, assuming Travis moves back into the leadoff spot.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

When Travis comes back in Sept. Revere might steal a few, assuming Travis moves back into the leadoff spot.
                  I think travis is placed lower in the order, maybe even where goins is hitting now (7).

Comment

• Has a home run cycle ever happened? That seems like it could be one of those rarest of all sports feats--a stat that has never occurred in the long history of baseball. I think the cycle is a little overblown, but a home run cycle would be epic. There have only been 16 4 homer games ever, so I imagine no one has done it (I haven't bothered to check the 16 games). The fact that EE was just a solo shot short of it is pretty amazing.

Comment

The Jays have scored 601 runs, 80 more than the next best team (the Yanks). Their +131 Run Differential is almost 60 runs higher than the next best team (Houston) in the AL also.
                      Jays Run Differential for August: +89.

Comment

• Tulo- small crack in his shoulder? That could be devastating.

Comment

• I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE RIGHTS TO THE ORIGINAL SONG BLANK SPACE THAT THIS SONG IS A PARODY OF, NOR DO I OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE BACKING TRACK THAT WAS USED. AL...

Comment

• A couple of tidbits in the last week of the season:

The Jays have a shot to become only the second team outside of Colorado to have three 40+HR guys, the other being Atlanta in the early 70's ... Donaldson is at 41-122, Bautista at 39-111, Encarnacion at 36-106.

Over the past two moths the Jays starting pitchers have the AL's best ERA at 3.33.

Comment

Tulo- small crack in his shoulder? That could be devastating.
                              Tulo back in the starting lineup today.

Comment

• any other year, Pillar wins the gold glove. Unfortunately, that sucker will be all Kevin Kiermaier's this year who is set to tie Andrelton Simmons's record for defensive runs saved this year -- +41 out in center. It's been frustrating to watch the Rays this year, but Kiermaier makes plays like that on the reg

Comment

Working...
                                X