2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Watching the Blue Jays/Yankees game and it looks like Donaldson can't make a throw to first base with anything behind the throw. Is it known that he has shoulder problems? If not, it seems like he does now. Seems like he is trying to gut it out, but how long can he do that for?
    Yeah, they announced today he has a dead arm. Not sure what that means for a 3B, but it doesn’t sound great if he continues to not be able to make the throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Placed on the 60-day DL.
      Retroactive to any date?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Retroactive to any date?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Yeah, they announced today he has a dead arm. Not sure what that means for a 3B, but it doesn’t sound great if he continues to not be able to make the throws.
            Yesterday's announcers were saying that he should be able to DH until it's better. Solarte should see time at 3B in the meantime.

Comment

Yesterday's announcers were saying that he should be able to DH until it's better. Solarte should see time at 3B in the meantime.
              That's what the Yankees announcers were saying as well. But then you lose Morales' bat for an extended period. Not a great situation to be in. they also suggested they should bunt on him and test his arm.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• What's the earliest we could see Vlad? If Donaldson goes on the DL is it a given that Solarte start at 3B? Does Vlad need the year in the minors?

I went to the game in Montreal Monday and seeing Bichette and Vlad on the left side late in the game was like seeing the future.

Comment

• What do we know, empirically speaking, about players in the past with similar conditions?
                  One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Tulo to have surgery on BOTH feet. Probably out until the AS Break, but this guy should probably hang em up already.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                      What do we know, empirically speaking, about players in the past with similar conditions?
                      The problem is that nobody really knows what's wrong with JD ("dead arm" isn't exactly a medical term, and it doesn't seem like anyone is talking openly)
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I was just pulled some defensive stats at baseball-reference. It's surprising how high up Tulo is on the career defensive value chart.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Ugh. I threw a cheap bid on Tulo in our AL only. Looks like that was too much. Picked up Diaz with a sizable FAAB bid. Hope he regains his past (one year blip) glory.

Comment

• Donaldson to DL.

Teoscar was coming up anyway. He was great in Sep and should steal ABs from Grichiuk. How much would you FAAB on him? He was just dropped in my AL only.
                            Last edited by virgonomic; 04-13-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Donaldson to DL.

Teoscar was coming up anyway. He was great in Sep and should steal ABs from Grichiuk. How much would you FAAB on him? He was just dropped in my AL only.
                              I don't see Teoscar getting many ABs, other than very short term while Donaldson is on the DL and Morales is dinged. Once Morales is back, though, I think they'll play Pearce ahead of Teoscar most of the time.

I might be wrong, though. Hope TranaGreg logs in on this one.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I don't see Teoscar getting many ABs, other than very short term while Donaldson is on the DL and Morales is dinged. Once Morales is back, though, I think they'll play Pearce ahead of Teoscar most of the time.

I might be wrong, though. Hope TranaGreg logs in on this one.
                                Makes sense. They are not going to sit Grichiuk or Pearce if they are healthy and producing. So, it's hard to foresee long term ABs for Teoscar unless there is an injury in the OF.

Comment

Working...
                                X