• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Yanks sign Marcus Stroman to a 2yr deal
    surprisingly cheap deal too

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Looks like about half of the players in the league avoided arbitration and reached an agreement just before the deadline today.

Ok, maybe it was just a hundred or so.
      Here's a list of arb-eligible players that havent yet reached an agreement:
      - Vlad Guerrero
      - Taylor Ward
      - Jose Suarez
      - Mauricio Dubon
      - Tommy Edman
      - J.D. Davis
      - Luis Arraez
      - Tanner Scott
      - Jazz Chisholm
      - Phil Bickford
      - Austin Hays
      - Danny Coulombe
      - Ryan O'Hearn
      - Cionel Perez
      - Jacob Webb
      - Alec Bohm
      - Adolis Garcia
      - Harold Ramirez
      - Jason Adam
      - Jonathan India
      - Casey Mize
      - Nick Gordon

Comment

India has been on the trading block since last year's deadline due to the Reds embarrassment of riches at the infield positions. India has gone from 2021 NL rookie of the year to seemingly unwanted. My Pirates could use him. But, their cheap owner despises good players who are eligible for arbitration.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dusty Baker returns to the Giants... as a special assistant to the front office.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Tigers signed 2B/3B Colt Keith to a six-year, $28.6 million contract with club options for 2030, 2031 and 2032. The contract will be worth $82 million over nine years if all of the options are picked up. Welcome to the big leagues kid.
            Last edited by madducks; 01-29-2024, 12:59 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Cardinals claim 1B/OF Alfonso Rivas off waivers from the Angels. This will be his fifth team in six months.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mariners acquire 2B Jorge Polanco from the Twins for RHP Anthony DeSclafani, RHP Justin Topa, minor league OF Gabriel Gonzalez and minor league RHP Darren Bowen.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mariners acquire 2B Jorge Polanco from the Twins for RHP Anthony DeSclafani, RHP Justin Topa, minor league OF Gabriel Gonzalez and minor league RHP Darren Bowen.
                  Seems like a good deal for both sides. Polanco, when healthy, is a big upgrade at 2b for the Mariners. On the Twins side, I really like Gonzalez.

Comment

Justin Turner signs a 1yr deal with the Blue Jays

Comment

Mariners acquire INF/OF Samad Taylor from the Royals for a PTBN or cash considerations.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Astros acquired 1B/OF Trey Cabbage from the Angels for RHP Carlos Espinosa.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Astros acquired 1B/OF Trey Cabbage from the Angels for RHP Carlos Espinosa.
                          This should help to patch up the Astros bench.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

Really? I doubt he even makes the team. Lettuce see how spring training goes first.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Really? I doubt he even makes the team. Lettuce see how spring training goes first.
                              Hoping he will blossom in the warm Florida sun
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

And it will only cost them the minimum celery.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X