• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers sign Tyler Mahle to a 2yr deal
    Royals signed Seth Lugo to a 2yr deal
    Tigers signed Jack Flaherty to a 1yr deal

Comment

rather pleased with the return on Glasnow & Margot considering Rays had zero leverage in the deal. Pepiot could take a nice step forward if the Rays add a sweeper with him as he already has the fastball/changeup profile they so love. Deluca gives them a potential CF replacement for Siri as he ages up/prices out or struggles to eclipse the .275 OBP mark.

Now fully expecting Glasnow to go 180 IP and 23-4 with a 1.82 ERA and win the Cy Young

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        rather pleased with the return on Glasnow & Margot considering Rays had zero leverage in the deal. Pepiot could take a nice step forward if the Rays add a sweeper with him as he already has the fastball/changeup profile they so love. Deluca gives them a potential CF replacement for Siri as he ages up/prices out or struggles to eclipse the .275 OBP mark.

Now fully expecting Glasnow to go 180 IP and 23-4 with a 1.82 ERA and win the Cy Young
        We all know the Rays will make Pepiot the next Eflin and Deluca the next Arozarena

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

We all know the Rays will make Pepiot the next Eflin and Deluca the next Arozarena
          Wasn't Pepiot already pitching like Eflin before this?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            I know there's some sarcasm mixed into this projection. But, this $6 Glasnow owner hopes that you are right.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pirates acquire OF Edward Olivares from the Royals for minor league infielder Deivis Nadal.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Braves acquire DH Matt Carpenter, LHP Ray Kerr and cash considerations from the Padres for OF Drew Campbell.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It seems like the world is afraid to say it, but I think the Dodgers are having what will turn out to be a historically bad offseason. I simply don't understand the Glasnow trade at all (I think i'd rather have 4-5 years of pepiot), let alone locking him into a long-term 111M deal. And yes, Ohtani is amazing MVP caliber player, but he is also a DH and there is absolutely zero guarantee he ever pitches again.

Maybe I will be wrong and Glasnow will stay healthy and Ohtani can once again be a dominant MLB pitcher, but that's a billion dollar bet on it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    It seems like the world is afraid to say it, but I think the Dodgers are having what will turn out to be a historically bad offseason. I simply don't understand the Glasnow trade at all (I think i'd rather have 4-5 years of pepiot), let alone locking him into a long-term 111M deal. And yes, Ohtani is amazing MVP caliber player, but he is also a DH and there is absolutely zero guarantee he ever pitches again.

Maybe I will be wrong and Glasnow will stay healthy and Ohtani can once again be a dominant MLB pitcher, but that's a billion dollar bet on it happening.
                    Because of the deferment, it's actually more like a $450m contract. Maybe it will be bad, maybe it won't. Clearly every other team he was speaking with also felt it was a good bet.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Braves acquire DH Matt Carpenter, LHP Ray Kerr and cash considerations from the Padres for OF Drew Campbell.
                      Braves released Matt Carpenter and are on the hook for the remaining $4 million of his contract. They must really like Ray Kerr.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Braves released Matt Carpenter and are on the hook for the remaining $4 million of his contract. They must really like Ray Kerr.
                        What an odd move by the Braves. Feels like they could have acquired a similar RP for much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

What an odd move by the Braves. Feels like they could have acquired a similar RP for much cheaper.
                          They’ve had some success “flipping” unwanted players acquired in deals that they probably thought they could do it again.

2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            They’ve had some success “flipping” unwanted players acquired in deals that they probably thought they could do it again.
                            I think you are exactly right. They finally got caught with their hand in the cookie jar

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

I think you are exactly right. They finally got caught with their hand in the cookie jar
                              Hard to imagine AA getting hoodwinked. They've likely curried a future favor of some kind from the Padres for freeing up $.

Comment

Mets acquire RHP Adrian Houser and OF Tyrone Taylor from the Brewers for RHP Coleman Crow.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X