X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k24 Offseason Transactions

First trade of the offseason:
    Tigers acquired Mark Canha from the Brewers for RHP Blake Holub

A's acquired INF Abraham Toro from the Brewers for RHP Chad Patrick.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Braves acquired LHP Aaron Bummer from the White Sox for RHP Michael Soroka, LHP Jared Shuster, INF Nicky Lopez, INF Braden Shewmake and RHP Riley Gowens.

That is quite a haul for the White Sox who get 3 former first round draft picks (Shewmake, Shuster, Soroka) plus 2 other players for a middle relief guy.
      Last edited by madducks; 11-17-2023, 06:23 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Braves acquired LHP Aaron Bummer from the White Sox for RHP Michael Soroka, LHP Jared Shuster, INF Nicky Lopez, INF Braden Shewmake and RHP Riley Gowens.

That is quite a haul for the White Sox who get 3 former first round draft picks (Shewmake, Shuster, Soroka) plus 2 other players for a middle relief guy.
        A middle relief guy who had a 6.79 ERA last season, at that.

To be fair, Soroka and Lopez were likely going to get non-tendered, but it still seems like a pretty bizarre deal.

Comment

Surprising that they basically gave away Soroka. He was (#6 in CYA voting in 2019, then he got hurt and just came back last year. He wasnt very effective but he still throws as hard as he did before the injury. I'll take a flyer on him next year for a cheap salary.

Comment

Rockies acquired RHP Cal Quantrill from the Guardians for C Kody Huff.

Yankees acquired OFs Jace Avina and Brian Sánchez from the Brewers for OF/1B Jake Bauers.

Royals acquired RHP Nick Anderson from the Braves for cash considerations.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Rays acquired RHP Andrew Lindsey, INF Erick Lara and a PTBN or cash from the Marlins for INF Vidal Bruján and RHP Calvin Faucher.

Guardians acquired RHP Scott Barlow from the Padres for RHP Enyel De Los Santos.

Mariners acquired INF Luis Urías from the Red Sox for RHP Isaiah Campbell.

Royals acquired RHP Kyle Wright from the Braves for RHP Jackson Kowar.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Lance Lynn signs a 1yr $10m deal with the Cardinals

The Braves sign Reynaldo Lopez to a 3yr, $30m deal

Comment

Diamondbacks acquire Eugenio Suarez from the Mariners for Carlos Vargas and Seby Zavala.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The NY Mets sign Luis Severino to a 1-yr deal

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      The NY Mets sign Luis Severino to a 1-yr deal
                      With all of the Mets money, I'm surprised they didn't gamble on a longer deal. Perhaps Severino is the gambler here and refused a longer deal to bet on himself and the possibility of a career year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With all of the Mets money, I'm surprised they didn't gamble on a longer deal. Perhaps Severino is the gambler here and refused a longer deal to bet on himself and the possibility of a career year.
                        Seems like a situation where both sides are better served with a 1 year prove it deal

Comment

Braves acquired OF Jarred Kelenic, LHP Marco Gonzales and 1B Evan White from the Mariners for RHP Jackson Kowar and RHP Cole Phillips.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Good job by Atlanta adding some complementary pieces to the roster with the chance Kelenic can get hot for more than 2 weeks a season. Evan White --- has to be glad he took that 6y/23M deal when he did because there's a good chance he would still be toiling in the minors or in Indy ball as poorly as he has worked out.

Comment

Man, this seems like a bad deal to me if Kelenic doesn't turn it around...adding Ks to a lineup that hits that well doesn't seem right. Plus they are putting a hurdle in front of Grissom, who IMO is a much better hitter than kelenic. Buried in this deal is that Marco Gonzales is surely going to become an innings eater starter for Atlanta, which as a Marlins fan, I am pretty OK with.

Comment

Working...
                              X