Shohei Ohtani torn UCL 8-23-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post

Morosi really screwed the pooch on this one. It's one thing to say the player was leaning towards a certain team, but another to say the guy got on a plane. Turns out it was Robert Herjavic from Shark Tank, lol
    They look so much alike, I see how easy it was for Morosi to get them confused…

2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

What will Ohtani go for in your fantasy leagues this year.

I suspect he will go for $54 in our 12 team NL only 5x5 Ultra $260 budget. I will be out as I am keeping a $54b Acuna.

Comment

He'll be missed in AL LABR and Tout auctions. He was treated differently in both leagues, but glad not to have to make that budgetary tweak in draft plans any longer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          What will Ohtani go for in your fantasy leagues this year.

I suspect he will go for $54 in our 12 team NL only 5x5 Ultra $260 budget. I will be out as I am keeping a $54b Acuna.
          9 team NL only 5x5 keeper league. I'm guessing at least $55 with Acuna around $70.
          We don't have a bench but he can be used two-way (you can slot him as a pitcher on the days he pitches and then back to UTL on days he's not pitching). We have daily transactions but that still makes swapping a little complicated even with utilizing a guys on the IL in the process.

Comment

His contract makes Bobby Bonilla's look like a pay up front deal. It is a heck of a tax dodge. Luckily, Ohtani makes about 50 mil a year in endorsements, so he is good on funion money until his contract money kicks in.

Comment

RW is reporting that Ohtani will defer $68 mil per season of his entire 10-year contract so that he will get just $2 mil per year (?!?!). The other $680 mil will be paid out, without interest(!), from 2034-43. Such a "frugal" contract structure for an athlete sounds completely unprecedented. Hold my beer, Max Scherzer!

Comment

And now Tom Verducci said that initially Ohtani wanted to defer the entire $700 mil of the contract!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  And now Tom Verducci said that initially Ohtani wanted to defer the entire $700 mil of the contract!!!!
                  Ohtani's endorsement income alone is more than the salary of most athletes. It's so incomprehensible that he doesn't even need that $700 million.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Kobe Bryant helped sell Ohtani on signing with the Dodgers.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X