Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madducks
    replied
    And now Ohtani has a right oblique injury in addition to the torn UCL. The new injury occurred during pregame batting practice on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post

I meant that he will indeed sign a long-term deal, but there will be an opt-out, making the deal actually a 2-3 yr contract.
    Ah! That makes much more sense.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Revo, I have to disagree. Only takes one team to blink. And the media benefit / PR benefit is there for a team even if he’s just a DH. I suspect the deal will be for at least $300 mill. A short term deal makes more sense but unclear he will need to settle for one.
    I meant that he will indeed sign a long-term deal, but there will be an opt-out, making the deal actually a 2-3 yr contract.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

I think the Dodgers will pounce while other teams hesitate.

Leave a comment:

• Sharky
    replied
    Revo, I have to disagree. Only takes one team to blink. And the media benefit / PR benefit is there for a team even if he’s just a DH. I suspect the deal will be for at least $300 mill. A short term deal makes more sense but unclear he will need to settle for one.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    His contract now will certainly be affected. Assuming he won't pitch next year, the best situation for him would be to come up with a whatever length deal but have an opt-out after year 2 or 3, when he's proven to teams that he can still put a high-level pitcher. Figure the deal actually becomes a 2yr, $90-$100m deal before he opts out and gets the huge deal. But that said, a team now would be paying that money for a DH-only, which seems ludicrous.

I think the odds of him returning to the Angels just shot up by a lot.

Leave a comment:

• amcg
    replied
    Given the risk-averse nature of baseball execs, this might be it for Ohtani being allowed to go Full Ohtani. What a run.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    started a topic Shohei Ohtani torn UCL 8-23-23

Shohei Ohtani torn UCL 8-23-23

OMG. Just devastating.

ANAHEIM -- The Angels were dealt a massive blow on Wednesday, as two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani was diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow after exiting his start after just 1 1/3 innings in a 9-4 loss in Game 1 of a doubleheader against the Reds.
Working...
X