X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madducks
    replied
    WOW!

Shohei Ohtani is signing with the Dodgers for a reported $700 million over 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    We need an Ohtani radar tracking app like the kids have for Santa on Christmas eve.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Hmmmn...
    Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani is traveling to Toronto on Friday.

Hmmmn...
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that Shohei Ohtani was not on a flight to Toronto on Friday but rather at his home in Southern California.
    Last edited by madducks; 12-08-2023, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    update: Somebody with the Dodgers doesn't like this guy lol.

*** NOT CONFIRMED ***
    Shohei Ohtani will sign with the Blue Jays, according to Dodgers Nation’s J.P. Hoornstra.

FWIW, sources have told ESPN’s Alden González and Sportsnet’s Ben Nicholson-Smith that Ohtani has yet to make his decision. Hoornstra, a long-time Dodgers’ beat writer, says an official announcement could come later today. Financial terms are unknown, but most assume Ohtani will clear the $500 million barrier.
    Last edited by madducks; 12-09-2023, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    There are reports that Shohei is expected to "make his decision" in the next few days. ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports the Dodgers, Cubs, Blue Jays and Angels remain in the mix to sign Ohtani.

Leave a comment:

• [echo]
    replied
    did he have the traditional TJ surgery?.. or something less/more?

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Nez Balelo, the agent for Shohei Ohtani, announced Tuesday that Ohtani underwent successful elbow surgery on Tuesday morning.

Balelo did not name the procedure, but it was not Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. The operation was performed by renowned surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache who noted “The ultimate plan after deliberation with Shohei, was to repair the issue at hand and to reinforce the healthy ligament in place while adding viable tissue for the longevity of the elbow”. ElAttrache also said that he expects Ohtani to be able to hit without any restrictions at the start of the 2024 season and to pitch without any restrictions in 2025. As anticipated, it looks like Ohtani will be limited to DH duties for the duration of the 2024 campaign before returning to being a two-way player for the 2025 season.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    The Angels placed DH/RHP Shohei Ohtani on the 10-day IL with a right oblique strain. See you in 2024.

No word yet about TJ surgery.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Not only is Ohtani leading the AL in home runs by a wide margin (44-35 over Luis Robert), but Ohtani is also currently tied with Bobby Witt for the AL lead in triples with 8. The last player to lead either league in both triples and home runs during the same year was Jim Rice in 1978.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Looking over his stats I just noticed he is 29, he is amazing, but we may have already seen his best years or maybe not, but injury and age are now something to think about
    Just the bat alone makes him well over $30.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Probably not true. He had surgery about 5 years ago and I got him for 26. He struggled badly in 2020 and I traded him before he really broke out in 2021. He apparently won't pitch next year', but I expect he will go for well over 30 in any keeper league
    Looking over his stats I just noticed he is 29, he is amazing, but we may have already seen his best years or maybe not, but injury and age are now something to think about

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Next year Ohtani will go for the least amount...ever.

How much will you pay?
    Probably not true. He had surgery about 5 years ago and I got him for 26. He struggled badly in 2020 and I traded him before he really broke out in 2021. He apparently won't pitch next year', but I expect he will go for well over 30 in any keeper league

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Next year Ohtani will go for the least amount...ever.

How much will you pay?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    And now Ohtani has a right oblique injury in addition to the torn UCL. The new injury occurred during pregame batting practice on Monday.
    Time to shut him down already

Leave a comment:

Working...
X