No announcement yet.

2k13 NY Mets: Shea it Ain't So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mets gonna Met, I guess. Harvey, Wright, Stanton, Ike, Niese, Gee, Murphy, and the rest would be a very below average team. Can stars and scrubs work in MLB?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Mets gonna Met, I guess. Harvey, Wright, Stanton, Ike, Niese, Gee, Murphy, and the rest would be a very below average team. Can stars and scrubs work in MLB?
      Good one, jc. "and the rest" was very Gilligan's Island (early version).

Don't forget Parnell.

I think most would rather have Stanton (or CarGo) than d'Arnaud and Wheeler. The Mets desperately need a bat.

Comment

Stanton is younger than D'Arnaud and the Mets are as deep with righty power arms as any team in baseball. I'd make that trade for Stanton, but not CarGo. That being said this is entirely a bunch of made up BS from a hack writer. He decided to make up that trade and then get a couple of anonymous quotes and blam now it's a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
          Stanton is younger than D'Arnaud and the Mets are as deep with righty power arms as any team in baseball. I'd make that trade for Stanton, but not CarGo. That being said this is entirely a bunch of made up BS from a hack writer. He decided to make up that trade and then get a couple of anonymous quotes and blam now it's a thing.
          Yes, and probably a plant by Jay Horwitz (Mets PR guy). But nice to dream about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Yes, and probably a plant by Jay Horwitz (Mets PR guy). But nice to dream about.
            Jay Horowitz can barely tie his own shoes.

Comment

Shea it ain't so!

"Mets super prospect Travis d’Arnaud suffered a non-displaced fracture on his left foot during a Triple-A game Wednesday night, GM Sandy Alderson said on Thursday. D’Arnaud, the key piece of the trade that sent R.A. Dickey to Toronto in December, took a foul off his foot while he was catching in the sixth inning of Las Vegas’ game.

According to Metsblog.com, d’Arnaud remained in the game to finish the top of the sixth and was able to walk off the field under his own power, but was then lifted for a pinch-hitter. Alderson said d’Arnaud will come to New York to visit team doctors at the Hospital for Special Surgery and there is no timetable for his return."
              DENVER — Mets top catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud broke the first metatarsal, or the bone connected to the big toe, on his left foot Wednesday night, Sandy Alderson said. The cornerst…

Comment

The part that troubles me is that d'Arnaud will be visiting mets team doctors. That's scary given the track record of the mets' medical staff!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  The part that troubles me is that d'Arnaud will be visiting mets team doctors. That's scary given the track record of the mets' medical staff!
                  D'Arnaud out about 8 weeks.
                  Last edited by revo; 04-19-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Shea it ain't so!

Mets signed OF Rick Ankiel to a one-year contract.
                    CBS Sports' Jon Heyman was the first to report that the two sides were talking. Ankiel batted just .194 with 35 strikeouts in 65 plate appearances before getting released last week by the Astros, but he has some power and a big arm. The 33-year-old should see semi-regular playing time in a New York outfield that lacks talent. He's starting in center field Monday night against the Cardinals in St. Louis.
                    Source: Adam Rubin on Twitter May 13 - 3:52 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Shea it ain't so!

Mets signed OF Rick Ankiel to a one-year contract.
                      i noticed he's in their starting lineup tonight...
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I'm going to barf all over this thread. Time to get the lynch mob together for the Wilpons. It's a disgrace to field a team like this. We had better see a significant improvement in the roster next year. Johan Santana and Jason Bay should be off the books. No excuse.

Comment

Ankiel would seem to fit right in with a New York outfield that lacks talent.

But were Nieuwenhuis and Cowgill (both demoted to AAA) really that worse than Ankiel?

Comment

you know things are bad when your team is picking up Astros castoffs....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I know they hate Valdepin's attitude, but they could at least pretend to try to give him a shot at sustained playing time.

Comment

Alderson, the GM, and MGR Collins were on FAN today.

Collins talked about Valdespin's OF efforts in the past tense: the Ankiel/Lagares CF platoon is with idea that at least they'll have some defense. But sounds like slumping Murphy may get some days off that Valdespin would take at 2B...
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X