No announcement yet.

2k13 NY Mets: Shea it Ain't So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baxter in the mix, and that kid Den Decker is making circus catches out there. maybe he can be a Designated Fielder?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      What's the latest in this messy OF situation?
      LF - Duda
      CF - Valdespin/Cowgill (platoon) ?
      RF - Byrd ?!
      I wouldn't be surprised to see Duda, Cowgill, Valdespin. Supposedly Duda is the only one who is guaranteed a job. But I doubt Byrd gets any regular time.

Baxter hasn't shown he can hit. Den Dekker is a very good fielder, but apparently a poor hitter so far too. I bet Den Dekker gets the nod as a fifth outfielder for his glove alone. Though it's possible he'll start in AAA to delay his clock (not that he's all that).

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised to see Duda, Cowgill, Valdespin. Supposedly Duda is the only one who is guaranteed a job. But I doubt Byrd gets any regular time.

Baxter hasn't shown he can hit. Den Dekker is a very good fielder, but apparently a poor hitter so far too. I bet Den Dekker gets the nod as a fifth outfielder for his glove alone. Though it's possible he'll start in AAA to delay his clock (not that he's all that).
        My guess is the same trio. There's no point to having Byrd out there at 35 years old.

Comment

Are both Valdespin and Cowgill draftable in NL-only leagues [that do not have a bench].
          Were either of these guys decent prospect?
          Anyone want to throw out a projection?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            My guess is the same trio. There's no point to having Byrd out there at 35 years old.
            Nieuwenhuis?

Comment

Originally posted by hombre View Post
              Nieuwenhuis?
              Sure, "Captain Kirk" could be in the mix. If Valdespin is needed in the infield (2B), Nieuwenhuis's odds go up. But I think he's on the outside looking in for now.

Comment

Originally posted by hombre View Post
                Nieuwenhuis?
                Yeah, he will get playing time -- probably a platoon situation with Cowgill or Valdespin. But he's a largely unexciting player and not a great prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Sure, "Captain Kirk" could be in the mix. If Valdespin is needed in the infield (2B), Nieuwenhuis's odds go up. But I think he's on the outside looking in for now.
                  Why would Valdespin be needed at 2B? Is Murphy hurt or something?

Comment

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
                    Johan had "unknown'' throwing session today, & the good news is that it felt good. #mets http://cbsprt.co/ZFARr5

I'm starting to be a little concerned with this... No facts pointing me one way or another but just a bad feeling. And with my keepers due today (5x5 mixed - 14-15 man staffs), I'm considering tossing him back and taking a flyer on guys like Cashner, Teheran or Tillman instead... Anyone else have thoughts, talking me off the ledge or giving me a push?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Why would Valdespin be needed at 2B? Is Murphy hurt or something?
                      Yes. Strained intercostal muscle. He made his first ST appearance today.

I'm starting to be a little concerned with this... No facts pointing me one way or another but just a bad feeling. And with my keepers due today (5x5 mixed - 14-15 man staffs), I'm considering tossing him back and taking a flyer on guys like Cashner, Teheran or Tillman instead... Anyone else have thoughts, talking me off the ledge or giving me a push?
                      What do you have him for? After last year's awful 2nd half, and this nonsense, yes, it may make good sense to toss him back.

Comment

Teheran has had a very impressive spring. If Teheran and Santana cost the same amount, I'd consider it.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

The Mets probable opening day lineup:

1) Collin Cowgill, CF
                          2) Ruben Tejada, SS
                          3) Marlon Byrd, RF
                          4) Ike Davis, 1B
                          5) Justin Turner, 3B
                          6) Lucas Duda, LF
                          7) John Buck, C
                          8) Jordany Valdespin, 2B
                          9) Jon Niese, P

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post

1) Collin Cowgill, CF
                            2) Ruben Tejada, SS
                            3) Marlon Byrd, RF
                            4) Ike Davis, 1B
                            5) Justin Turner, 3B
                            6) Lucas Duda, LF
                            7) John Buck, C
                            8) Jordany Valdespin, 2B
                            9) Jon Niese, P
                            That is one impressive lineup.......

.....if they were an expansion team.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post

1) Collin Cowgill, CF
                              2) Ruben Tejada, SS
                              3) Marlon Byrd, RF
                              4) Ike Davis, 1B
                              5) Justin Turner, 3B
                              6) Lucas Duda, LF
                              7) John Buck, C
                              8) Jordany Valdespin, 2B
                              9) Jon Niese, P
                              I think Tejada will bat 8th and Valdespin will lead off with Cowgill batting 2nd. Looking forward to the season!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                I think Tejada will bat 8th and Valdespin will lead off with Cowgill batting 2nd. Looking forward to the season!
                                Looking forward to watching that lineup?

Comment

Working...
                                X