Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Looking forward to watching that lineup?
      Who doesn't look forward to watching your favorite team's prospects in action? Wait, what's that you say? That's the major league lineup? Ay, no me gusta.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Who doesn't look forward to watching your favorite team's prospects in action? Wait, what's that you say? That's the major league lineup? Ay, no me gusta.
        I wouldn't mind if we had at least one prospect who was a hitter. And no, that kid from Wyoming (Nimmo) doesn't count. And Wuilmer Becerra is 15 years away. D'Arnaud only gets you so far.

Comment

Yahoo has seen fit to publish an article called "How Bad is the New York Mets Outfield?"

Yet some things, joking or opinions aside, are actually bad. The 2013 New York Mets outfield is, unfortunately, a prime example. It is indisputable how untalented, and frankly, unacceptably dismal the Mets' outfield will be this coming season.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            I wouldn't mind if we had at least one prospect who was a hitter. And no, that kid from Wyoming (Nimmo) doesn't count. And Wuilmer Becerra is 15 years away. D'Arnaud only gets you so far.
            Flores could be a decent bat. But agreed.

Comment

Turner has a bad ankle, so that Opening Day lineup might be too optimistic (!)
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Yahoo has seen fit to publish an article called "How Bad is the New York Mets Outfield?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bad-yor...ref_map=%5B%5D
                Pretty accurate, sadly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Pretty accurate, sadly enough.
                  I just don't see what Alderson & Co.'s gameplan is with the offense. The Mets arguably have the deepest stable of RHP prospects in baseball now, but besides D'Arnaud, they have very little on the horizon, especially in the OF. Marlon Byrd?? Really? What's the point with playing him? They may as well give den Dekker the job and see what he can do.

Comment

Shea it ain't so!

Mets manager Terry Collins said Saturday that Johan Santana (shoulder) "may take six weeks to get where he wants to be."
                    Santana has not thrown off a mound in nearly three weeks and will need to double the distance of his current long-toss from 90 to 180 feet before he'll be cleared to climb atop the bump. Obviously, that means he's nowhere near ready to pitch in games. The Mets will use Jeremy Hefner as his rotation replacement.
                    Source: Newark Star-Ledger Mar 24 - 12:49 PM

Rookie OFer Matt den Dekker also broke his wrist on Sunday and is likely gone for most of the season.
                    Last edited by revo; 03-24-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Things i am wondering about the Mets for NL Roto...
                      1) When to expect d'arnaud and is Buck possibly underrated?
                      2) Cowgill 2011 very attractive speed and power. What happened in 2012, what to expect for 2013?
                      3) Valdespin no longer a secret. Might he now be overrated?
                      4) Niese clearly better than Gee?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                        1) When to expect d'arnaud and is Buck possibly underrated?
                        2) Cowgill 2011 very attractive speed and power. What happened in 2012, what to expect for 2013?
                        3) Valdespin no longer a secret. Might he now be overrated?
                        4) Niese clearly better than Gee?
                        1 - Probably June (whenever they can keep him the extra year). Buck? He might be good for a few bombs here and there until then.
                        2 - He's been hitting really well in ST, and not sure what happened last year, but he hasn't shown any real skills vs. RHPs in the majors and may end up as a weak-side platooner eventually.
                        3 - Could be. He has good power and speed, but not a real good glove and he's a hacker.
                        4 - No question. Niese is the Mets' #1 SP.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                          1) When to expect d'arnaud and is Buck possibly underrated? July? Went for $9 on Friday night.
                          2) Cowgill 2011 very attractive speed and power. What happened in 2012, what to expect for 2013? Went for $8 on Friday.
                          3) Valdespin no longer a secret. Might he now be overrated? I paid $10 for him at my draft on Friday night. One team did not keep him for $4 (not enough room).
                          4) Niese clearly better than Gee? Yes, went for $15.
                          This may be of help from a draft on Friday night. 12 Team 4x4

Comment

Den Decker has made circus catches in CF all month, but he's now hurt, so not a threat.

Mets beat writer vibe is that Mets fell in love with D'Arnaud, and they'll hold their nose and start Buck but if he gets hurt early, up comes D'Arnaud. He is VERY likely to start 80 G this year.

I LOVE Niese (and Gee) this year. And Harvey. And Wheeler by midseason.

I've never seen a team with more promising starting pitching, with little offense and a shaky bullpen.
                            Wait, that may be the 1968 Mets.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Mets have a fever and the only prescription is more Cowgill.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Mets beat writer vibe
                                Who is/are the best Mets beat writer(s)? I've been thinking about following a good beat writer for each team on twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X