Bobby V Canned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Farell plus Lind for Mike Aviles is the rumour. I probably feel best about getting rid of Lind.

Edit: its not Lind, its David Carpenter, rp. Pretty much a throw in.
    Wasn't Carpenter part of the Theo compensation package?

I just don't see why Farrell is so good. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

I thought Carpenter came from the Astros

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

His pitchers pitched well when he was in Boston? In Toronto his pitchers were hurt, always, repeatedly.

I really don't have an answer. For the Jays, no big loss IMO. They are now free to try to deal Yunel Escobar who more or less sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
          His pitchers pitched well when he was in Boston? In Toronto his pitchers were hurt, always, repeatedly.

I really don't have an answer. For the Jays, no big loss IMO. They are now free to try to deal Yunel Escobar who more or less sucks.
          agreed. I would like to see a Hechavarria-Aviles middle infield next year. I'd like to think Escobar has some decent value out there but who knows (Escobar + one of our SP prospects for a decent #2 SP?).

I'd also like to see a quick decision on the new manager; either Alomar or Ausmus sound good here (don't know a lot about Ausmus as a manager but everything I've been reading this weekend says he's the new it guy).
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            I thought Carpenter came from the Astros
            yep, that's the guy. Rumour is he wasn't going to make the Jays' 40-man roster, and he probably won't make the Sox 40 man either.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
            X