Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a chance the Astros got a LOT better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I haven't had to bet $11 million on being right about anything on my job yet, but I suppose that day is coming. Some pretty important bets based partly on my work are coming up June 4. They may not total $11 million of monetary commitments, but they probably have that much importance to the franchise anyway. It's a bit scary, actually.
    It's funny that your competition has already bet more on you than your employer

Comment

• I missed this during my prolonged absence but congrats, Mike!! Awesome. Second sign that the new Houston management is better than the old Houston management. (The first sign was the statistical odds that anyone else could be as bad.)

Comment

• Thanks, Adam! Good to see you back around here.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• While on one hand Lucroy might owe a bit of gratitude to KS for bringing to light some unrealized value in his game, I also see the potential for this to have a negative effect as in, if an umpire just read Lucroy is the best at "framing pitches" might he start to scrutinize the zone a little closer for Brewers pitchers?
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I haven't had to bet $11 million on being right about anything on my job yet, but I suppose that day is coming. Some pretty important bets based partly on my work are coming up June 4. They may not total $11 million of monetary commitments, but they probably have that much importance to the franchise anyway. It's a bit scary, actually.
              My wife and I watched Secretariat again the other night.

Its just another one of those million dollar gambles we housewives make every day.
              Penny (Chenery) Tweedy [Diane Lane]

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• There's a chance I (and/or my computer) may be in the background of Baseball Tonight tonight. They were shooting B-roll around the park today.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Looking forward to being the dumbest person in the room for the event there in August

Comment

• Good luck tonight, Mike (and Astros), hope it all goes according to plan. Hope to hear some interesting tidbits re: the draft process if you get a chance to share them after the fact! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy the insight.

Comment

• I like the Astros' pick of Correa at #1 over Appel.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                        I like the Astros' pick of Correa at #1 over Appel.
                        Fun being in the draft room for that one.

Comment

• I think teams should sell a seat in the draft room with fans and make them sign a NDA to do so. I'd love to see what goes on in there, especially with the Rays who took Shaffer as a corner guy when McCullers Jr was in their back yard and Eflin was available over here in Orlando.

Comment

• I was surprised Eflin fell as far as he did.

Comment

• Travis Jankowski, baby! BTW, it's no longer SUNY-Stony Brook, it's Stony Brook U. Highest draft pick we've had since Joe Nathan. Love it!
                              Last edited by revo; 06-04-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Travis Jankowski, baby! BTW, it's no longer SUNY-Stony Brook, it's Stony Brook U. Highest draft pick since Joe Nathan. Love it!
                                What can you tell me about him?
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X