Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a chance the Astros got a LOT better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    It was a 21-minute delay - Zach and I are both on Central Time.
    well okay, I suppose we can live with 21 minutes ... this time ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I still come around here...mostly to post Astros news that nobody will care about. And 80% of it I delete before anyone can read it. I have become heyelander.

....hmmm...that sounds better voiced as Robert Oppenheimer:
      "Now, I am become heyelander, the destroyer of posts."
      fixed
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Heyman just now tweets

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Bobby heck out as astros scouting director, team announces. Mike elias in. Stros had great draft. a new regime thing.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Man is the title of this thread wrong
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Heyman just now tweets

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Bobby heck out as astros scouting director, team announces. Mike elias in. Stros had great draft. a new regime thing.
              Best wishes to Bobby. I am sure he will catch on somewhere quickly as he really knows his stuff and does good work.

Mike is very sharp and very deserving of the promotion.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Heyman is now reporting that the Astros are interested in Kevin Goldstein, also of BP.

Comment

• year zero of a multiyear rebuilding cycle, that's what I kept saying as I felt bad for Mike while watching the last three games vs the Giants....
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Heyman is now reporting that the Astros are interested in Kevin Goldstein, also of BP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      year zero of a multiyear rebuilding cycle, that's what I kept saying as I felt bad for Mike while watching the last three games vs the Giants....
                      I'm very excited and optimistic about the future here and collaboration among the front office and people throughout the organization, but man, it is tough to lose so much this year.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'm very excited and optimistic about the future here and collaboration among the front office and people throughout the organization, but man, it is tough to lose so much this year.
                        That's an interesting question, actually. In your experience talking to front office guys, how much do they care about performance this season? Are they able to say "well, we're not playing for this year anyway" or do they take the losses personally?
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

simple solution -- add me to the organization.

I go to 2 games & the Astros have back to back walk-off wins.

No coincidence

Comment

• and it's official for Goldstein to the Astros

Goldstein will oversee the Astros pro scouting efforts, which will include comprehensive scouting of both minor league and Major League players across the 30 Major League clubs as well as independent leagues and foreign professional leagues.

Goldstein is well-known in baseball circles, having served as a national writer specializing in scouting and player development for Baseball Prospectus and ESPN. He is also the co-author of the New York Times best-selling Baseball Prospectus annual, now in its 17th season, and has served as co-host of MLB Roundtrip with Baseball Prospectus, which airs on MLB Network Radio. Over the past several years, Goldstein has developed a rapport with various levels of baseball personnel, from area scouts to general managers.

"Kevin has established a reputation as a baseball expert through comprehensive knowledge of prospects across all organizations," Luhnow said. "His expertise combined with his ability to balance and respect the scouts’ opinions with the players performance track record will be an asset for us in this critical area."

Comment

• Wow, good for him. He was an informative guy to learn from...

Comment

• Originally posted by Goalie View Post
                                Wow, good for him. He was an informative guy to learn from...
                                yea, was being the unfortunate word because that's a huge gap for someone to fill online. His willingness to engage people was very rare

Comment

Working...
                                X