Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a chance the Astros got a LOT better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    Im hoping Heather didnt take her husbands last name
    Wow thats really funny!

Comment

• If you are near a TV, Mike Fast is up in about two minutes on the MLB channel

Comment

• Great job, Mike! Let us know if they have you on again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          Great job, Mike! Let us know if they have you on again.
          Thanks, it was fun, but I always get a little nervous about these kind of things, and when I'm nervous, I tend to ramble. Hopefully I didn't ramble too much. Pretty cool that they wanted to talk to me, though.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Thanks, it was fun, but I always get a little nervous about these kind of things, and when I'm nervous, I tend to ramble. Hopefully I didn't ramble too much. Pretty cool that they wanted to talk to me, though.
            No rambling as far as I could tell. I had trouble seeing how your interview fit in with the episode's theme of "clutch" but that surely was none of your doing. Superlative stuff, Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              No rambling as far as I could tell. I had trouble seeing how your interview fit in with the episode's theme of "clutch" but that surely was none of your doing. Superlative stuff, Mike.

Just watched the episode, great job. Just curious, were you asked by the Network or is this something the club PR wants you to do?

Comment

• "I always get a little nervous about these kind of things, and when I'm nervous, I tend to ramble."

My feeling is that unless you are introduced as some TV/radio professional, the audience doesn't expect a Shakespearean soliloquy. At least, I don't. So if you have any relevant info at all, a dollop of that is good, and then let the pros ask something else.

Especially without a camera, you can have a couple of "talking points" in front of you.
                But not five-word paragraphs.
                Just keywords, really. A couple of angles that you hope to express for that interview. Just seeing that one word can cue you to tell that story in your own words.
                Radio is a piece of cake.
                TV? Ok, that's tougher for sure.

But again, if you're not introduced as the new anchorman, I feel as if the audience doesn't expect movie star swagger. It's still about getting out your own expertise in short order, then wait for the next one.

I missed your show today, but I'm sure you did fine....
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                  Just watched the episode, great job. Just curious, were you asked by the Network or is this something the club PR wants you to do?
                  Both.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    "I always get a little nervous about these kind of things, and when I'm nervous, I tend to ramble."

My feeling is that unless you are introduced as some TV/radio professional, the audience doesn't expect a Shakespearean soliloquy. At least, I don't. So if you have any relevant info at all, a dollop of that is good, and then let the pros ask something else.

Especially without a camera, you can have a couple of "talking points" in front of you.
                    But not five-word paragraphs.
                    Just keywords, really. A couple of angles that you hope to express for that interview. Just seeing that one word can cue you to tell that story in your own words.
                    Radio is a piece of came.
                    TV? Ok, that's tougher for sure.

But again, if you're not introduced as the new anchorman, I feel as if the audience doesn't expect movie star swagger. It's still about getting out your own expertise in short order, then wait for the next one.

I missed your show today, but I'm sure you did fine....
                    I figure I need to do more of these so that I get more comfortable and more confident. The fans seem to like listening to what I have to say, even beyond those of you who are my friends and family, so I think it's good publicity for the club. Which is why I say yes to interviews even though I don't feel like they are my forte. That, and I'm probably still a little amazed that shows like this want me as a guest.

Comment

• http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=25929170
                      see if that link works.

Comment

• Wow...you did just fine. Engineers rock!
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Little shout out for Mike in this article by Neyer.

Comment

• Who is Mike Fast? Was he that nervous guy that was rambling on tv the other night? I think our own Kevin Seitzer would do a much better job.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                              Little shout out for Mike in this article by Neyer.
                              And by "little shout out" you mean "the Brewers just bet $11 million that he's right"

Comment

• I haven't had to bet $11 million on being right about anything on my job yet, but I suppose that day is coming. Some pretty important bets based partly on my work are coming up June 4. They may not total $11 million of monetary commitments, but they probably have that much importance to the franchise anyway. It's a bit scary, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X