Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a chance the Astros got a LOT better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    What can you tell me about him?
    great contact hitter, great speed. He doesn't have much pop, so if he develops as [I] hope, he should be your leadoff man in 3 years.

Comment

• Jankowski was a nice pick. Should be a good hitter for average, speed and defense guy. He's not a home-run hitter, as revo said, but he's got a little bit of line-drive/gap power, that combined with his speed, made him one of the best triples hitters in the draft.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Jankowski is a pain in the ass!!!!! He was a one man wrecking crew against UCF in the regionals

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I was surprised Eflin fell as far as he did.
          and UCF loses another recruit

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            I think teams should sell a seat in the draft room with fans and make them sign a NDA to do so. I'd love to see what goes on in there, especially with the Rays who took Shaffer as a corner guy when McCullers Jr was in their back yard and Eflin was available over here in Orlando.
            A lot of the work goes into decisions like that happens outside the draft room and/or before the draft. It would have been interesting to have been in our offices for the last several days, but being in the draft room last night, you wouldn't have seen any of the negotiating or mulling over players. You would have gotten to see Correa's name put up next to Houston about five minutes before the rest of the world did.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Is the 5 minutes purely for TV? Without the ability to trade picks, I don't see what can possibly happen in 5 minutes that couldn't have happened earlier. What goes on in those 5 minutes?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The 5 minutes is purely for TV. When we shifted to 1-minute intervals for the comp round, there was only one team that ran up against the 1-minute deadline and maybe three or four others that didn't have their pick ready in the first 10 seconds.

Here's a decent look at what you would have seen if you were in the draft room last night:

Comment

• I saw this on CBS. Maybe Heyman's source was in a different room.

Speaking about the Astros' decision to take Correa, one source said, "It came down to the last thirty seconds.''

Comment

• Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
                    I saw this on CBS. Maybe Heyman's source was in a different room.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...at-close-to-5m
                    I'll take the word of the guy posting here who was actually IN the draft room...must be a blast Mike. We all envy you...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Brandon Barnes has been called up.

Comment

• A Mike Fast sighting! And Barnes isn't even a pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Brandon Barnes has been called up.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros...-league-debut/
                          Posted on August 7, 2012 at 11:36 am by Zachary Levine in Astros, Astros/MLB, General
                          c'mon seitzer, that was posted a full hour & 21 minutes before you posted here ... we're looking for a 5 minute delay, maybe 10 tops ...
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            c'mon seitzer, that was posted a full hour & 21 minutes before you posted here ... we're looking for a 5 minute delay, maybe 10 tops ...
                            It was a 21-minute delay - Zach and I are both on Central Time.

Nonetheless, I shall give you a breathless absolutely-up-to-the-minute report: the Minute Maid Park roof is closing for the game tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              A Mike Fast sighting! And Barnes isn't even a pitcher.
                              I still come around here...mostly to post Astros news that nobody will care about. And 80% of it I delete before anyone can read it. I have become heyelander.

....hmmm...that sounds better voiced as Robert Oppenheimer:
                              "Now, I am become heyelander, the destroyer of worlds."

Comment

• The Minute Maid Park roof is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X