Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    What do you want to get out of there? Is there info that you can't find anywhere else? There's also a good chance that any and all posts and threads are property of Fanball, so hijacking/moving them could end up causing problems for the very people who are working so hard to keep the online community that we have going.

Better to move ahead and grow the new place than to look wistfully back at what once was...
    rhd's prospect lists?

All your anti-Yankee posts that I'll want to quote and throw in your face when they are proven incorrect.

My long-winded explanation of our Fincher rule that people occasionally want to hear about that I'd rather not try to re-type and that morphed over the course of the thread and only through reading that thread can one fully appreciate how it came to be, what it's purpose was, and why it works.

And there's no way to recreate, retell, or truly capture the classic implosions and do them justice. They are "you had to be there" moments, and by linking to them, someone new can be there, they can relive it pretty much just like it happened.

Etc., etc.

I'm sure we all agreed to something when we registered over there that said anything we contributed belonged to the owners, but I would think they would still have to win the argument that my contributions belong more to them than they do to me, and then they'd have to demonstrate some sort of damages as a result of us using that content.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
      rhd's prospect lists?

All your anti-Yankee posts that I'll want to quote and throw in your face when they are proven incorrect.

My long-winded explanation of our Fincher rule that people occasionally want to hear about that I'd rather not try to re-type and that morphed over the course of the thread and only through reading that thread can one fully appreciate how it came to be, what it's purpose was, and why it works.

And there's no way to recreate, retell, or truly capture the classic implosions and do them justice. They are "you had to be there" moments, and by linking to them, someone new can be there, they can relive it pretty much just like it happened.

Etc., etc.

I'm sure we all agreed to something when we registered over there that said anything we contributed belonged to the owners, but I would think they would still have to win the argument that my contributions belong more to them than they do to me, and then they'd have to demonstrate some sort of damages as a result of us using that content.
      I'm sure that RHD's prospect lists live on HIS computer, and are HIS property, and as such, he can post them over here whenever he likes.

My Anti Yankee post have always proven to be correct, you certainly don't want those around.

And why do you want to tempt fate by inviting lawyers to get involved...nothing good can come of that. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have to prove damages, just proving ownership would be plenty for any court.

Honestly, I don't care one way or another if Jason decides to open the old place up for you nostalgia buffs, I'm staying here and trying to grow something new.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'm sure that RHD's prospect lists live on HIS computer, and are HIS property, and as such, he can post them over here whenever he likes.

My Anti Yankee post have always proven to be correct, you certainly don't want those around.

And why do you want to tempt fate by inviting lawyers to get involved...nothing good can come of that. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have to prove damages, just proving ownership would be plenty for any court.

Honestly, I don't care one way or another if Jason decides to open the old place up for you nostalgia buffs, I'm staying here and trying to grow something new.
        I am doing both. I feel it is the best interests of this new site moving forward to have some of the information before it is lost. I also believe it would be best if Fanball allowed us to move over all the information. In the event that it is not possible I agree that we make the best of it and move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          stop getting in on my racket Horns.....

I was kidding Sharky
          Stick to robbing banks.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

My preference would be to open up RJ 1.0 as a read-only forum for now with a big block on the top and/or bottom of every page linking people to RJ 2.0. That way people can grab what they want (I need my avatar!) but still be forced over here to post . . .

Comment

There is still a way to search content on the old site and retrieve old posts/avatars, etc., just not full threads.

Use Google to search for a couple words you know are in a post, or a user name and key phrase. Assuming the combination of words you search on is fairly rare, Google will pull up the results from RJ. Rather than clicking on the link in the results, though, click the "Cached" link near the bottom of the listing. This will display Google's cached version of the page.

TopChuckie, here's the cache of Pages 1 and 2 of your Finchers thread: Page 1 Page 2

SenorSmoke, is this the avatar you wanted? If not, you can try a search for something you know you recently posted and snag it from there.

I'm not sure how for Google's cache goes back, but you might be able to rescue some recent stuff if you can come up with the correct combination of search words.

David

Comment

Very much appreciated David.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by dmahlan View Post
                  SenorSmoke, is this the avatar you wanted?

David
                  Thank you, sir

Comment

Thanks David, I didn't realize you could do that with Google. Very cool.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Thanks David, I didn't realize you could do that with Google. Very cool.
                      The answer to your question lol
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

This link might come in handy and is a great example of what I'd hate to lose from the old place.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                          The answer to your question lol
                          Yeah, I figured that out once I saw David's post here.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'll be turning the old place back on over the weekend - just wanted to give people enough notice that this is where the action is now

Comment

so where's all the great smilies I heard so much about?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                so where's all the great smilies I heard so much about?
                                Yeah, I was looking for the clapping one earlier today.

Comment

Working...
                                X