No announcement yet.

Rotojunkies NFBC Draft Championship League #1 Picks And Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a sound icon next to auto draft in the upper left that should be on and also where you can pick the alert sound it gives you.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      i just downloaded the app and you can enable notifications.
      What's the name of the App? I didn't see it under NFBC on the App Store.

Edited to add: Nevermind...I see it's Play NFC
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
        What's the name of the App? I didn't see it under NFBC on the App Store.
        search for "play nfc"

Comment

anyway to stop the draft it selected the wrong guy for me--I didn't time out i thought I had another guy in queue and hit draft--wrong guy.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Damn, quick fix--Excellent. Thanks Todd and NFBC/Sportshub Admin!
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Always intrigued when someone double-taps closers on the turn. Hendriks and Hader is a heck of a tandem. Really liking team Standish and team Rothman so far and of course Zola's team is good, though I'm not 100% sold on Pete Alonso.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Always intrigued when someone double-taps closers on the turn. Hendriks and Hader is a heck of a tandem. Really liking team Standish and team Rothman so far and of course ThatRogue's team is good, though I'm not 100% sold on Pete Alonso.
                Fixed.
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Always intrigued when someone double-taps closers on the turn. Hendriks and Hader is a heck of a tandem. Really liking team Standish and team Rothman so far and of course Zola's team is good, though I'm not 100% sold on Pete Alonso.
                  Thanks JC. I always like to try to get a good infield in these types of leagues since I feel that there are plenty of outfielders to grab later on. Also wanted to make sure I had strong pitching. In these 50 round draft and hold leagues you can never have enough pitching.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Wow nice to get onto the podium, thanks...I think everyone is so scared of Mondesi because it "requires" you to punt batting average (also because he is a great fantasy player but a marginal "real" player). I didnt come into the draft saying I would take advantage of the frenzy to get starting pitching (it actually isnt that bad in this league), but every time my turn came up, I kept seeing all the value in the tier of pitchers below the elite. So why not just make up for the batting average right away? I really wish Bucky didnt snipe Gray from me though!

Comment

I got sniped in Suarez and Strasburg (I consider someone taking them 2 picks before me sniped, LOL), so I had to pivot a bit more than I wanted to. I think at this point everyone is on level ground, nobody is running away with anything, and nobody has already sunk their team.

I think the differing strategy's are fascinating, double tapping closers is interesting, as is going offense for your 1st 4 picks. I don't think that anyone is "punting" anything yet...we probably won't see that for another 8-10 rounds.

2 catcher leagues always baffle me though, I never know when to strike...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Wow nice to get onto the podium, thanks...I think everyone is so scared of Mondesi because it "requires" you to punt batting average (also because he is a great fantasy player but a marginal "real" player). I didnt come into the draft saying I would take advantage of the frenzy to get starting pitching (it actually isnt that bad in this league), but every time my turn came up, I kept seeing all the value in the tier of pitchers below the elite. So why not just make up for the batting average right away? I really wish Bucky didnt snipe Gray from me though!
                        If you're going to take Mondesi, then pairing him with Freeman is about as good as it gets. And I like Ozuna and Eloy a lot ... not as sold on Plesac but with that top 4 on offense, a top 2 SPs of Berrios and Plesac should work.

Comment

I... I... I have drafted 3 Mets in my first 6 picks, and none of them are Lindor. What is going on here?

Comment

If you're going to take Mondesi, then pairing him with Freeman is about as good as it gets. And I like Ozuna and Eloy a lot ... not as sold on Plesac but with that top 4 on offense, a top 2 SPs of Berrios and Plesac should work.
                            i was back and forth on plesac or Gray...who would you have taken? i took plesac mostly on the chance he could evolve into a better pitcher, where Gray has probably crested. And I also thought Gray might make it back to me.

Comment

I was hoping for Plesac...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

i was back and forth on plesac or Gray...who would you have taken? i took plesac mostly on the chance he could evolve into a better pitcher, where Gray has probably crested. And I also thought Gray might make it back to me.
                                Just saw this post now. That's funny you debated between Plesac and Gray. I like Plesac's upside better but Gray has a higher floor.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X