Where is Trevor Bauer going to end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Seems to me that the contract enables LA to just ride Bauer while at the same time letting them pare back on guys like Buehler and Urias to preserve them for the long-term future. If anyone is getting 200 IP on this team it would be Bauer. Maybe Im just trying to convince myself though.
    I think you are right. He wants to pitch. There is not long term risk to the Dodgers by letting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I think you are right. He wants to pitch. There is not long term risk to the Dodgers by letting him.
      Maybe, but I don't think that's the way the Dodgers operate. Not that they care more than other teams about their players' health or something but rather that they are very much a matchup-oriented team and will quite often defer to matchup relievers in the latter innings. Perhaps not as much as, oh say pulling Snell in a one hitter in the sixth, but still....

They'll almost assuredly use a soft six man rotation, if not seven, and will move heaven and earth to make sure their players are fresh for a playoff run or the playoffs themselves.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        This thread is incomplete without pics of Trevor Bauer's agent Rachel Luba. Luba, now 28 years old, is MLB’s first certified female agent and the only woman with her own agency. She also represents Yasiel Puig.

In an interview on MLB Network Bauer said she did a good job, especially considering this was the first contract she’d ever negotiated. He also noted he chose her because she has a different approach. She charges by the hour instead of a flat rate, so he wound up paying a lot less than he would have with a traditional agency.

Let’s say she spent 1,000 hours working on his contract and charges $1,000/hour (both unlikely). But, hypothetically that would have earned her $1,000 on this contract (in reality it was probably a decent amount less than that).

MLB agent commissions are about 5% (standard), so for the first season at $40 million she would have earned $2 million, and next season (assuming he opted-in at $45 million), she would have earned $2.25 million...or a total of $4.5 million. Even if, as a relatively inexperienced agent, she only charged half that amount, she’d have earned a total of $2.125 million.

At this rate, it’s going to be hard for her to get to this level: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ag...yer-2019-12-13
        Last edited by ThatRogue; 02-12-2021, 05:39 AM.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
        X