Where is Trevor Bauer going to end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    This thread is incomplete without pics of Trevor Bauer's agent Rachel Luba. Luba, now 28 years old, is MLB’s first certified female agent and the only woman with her own agency. She also represents Yasiel Puig.

Not doing much of a job with poor Puig...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      Now we know why Trevor stretched it out as long as he could.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

Comment

This clearly pushes Bauer into the first round of draft champions leagues in my opinion; in fact, I think it might put him ahead of Bieber. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            This clearly pushes Bauer into the first round of draft champions leagues in my opinion; in fact, I think it might put him ahead of Bieber. Thoughts?
            I do really like him in LA, with that offense behind him. I was kinda down on Bauer repeating, but this makes me like him a lot more. So I'd say yes, at least unless/until the NL gets the DH or they go back to a Central-only schedule again.

Comment

I don't see how you put Bauer ahead of Bieber and DeGrom. Too much risk that you end up with the 2017 or 2019 version instead of the 2018 or 2020 version. He's a nutcase and I don't think anyone can confidently say what he's going to do. The arm talent puts him wayyy up there. But it seems like Bieber/DeGrom have similar arm talent without the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I don't see how you put Bauer ahead of Bieber and DeGrom. Too much risk that you end up with the 2017 or 2019 version instead of the 2018 or 2020 version. He's a nutcase and I don't think anyone can confidently say what he's going to do. The arm talent puts him wayyy up there. But it seems like Bieber/DeGrom have similar arm talent without the risk.
                I would not put Bauer over Degrom or Cole, but the difference in win potential/offense behind him has me wanting to put him over Bieber.

Comment

I would take Bieber 100 times out of 100 versus Bauer, personally. LA tends to baby its pitchers and will be maddeningly careful during 2021, in my opinion. Get ready for lots of phantom 10 day DL stints for LA pitchers to keep them fresh. It's what LA does. Still, Bauer might be different than the others, esp Kershaw and Buehler and Urias, because he doesn't appear to have chronic injury issues like they do.

Edit: It's statements like this first sentence that can blow up in one's face later on --- we shall see! I hope he's that great (and that he shuts his stupid mouth) and throws 200 IP. I doubt it, but I hope so.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I would not put Bauer over Degrom or Cole, but the difference in win potential/offense behind him has me wanting to put him over Bieber.
                    Seems like the win potential is overstated.

Bieber led the league in wins last year with an offense that started Roberto Perez, Jordan Luplow, Delino Deshields, and Tyler Naquin.

Yes, they made some trades, and losing Lindor hurts, but losing Carrasco has no change in Bieber's win totals. Minus Lindor, adding Eddie Rosario and friends nets you out to what -5 wins? Spread across all your starters that's -1 W per starter. I don't see a huge issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Seems like the win potential is overstated.

Bieber led the league in wins last year with an offense that started Roberto Perez, Jordan Luplow, Delino Deshields, and Tyler Naquin.

Yes, they made some trades, and losing Lindor hurts, but losing Carrasco has no change in Bieber's win totals. Minus Lindor, adding Eddie Rosario and friends nets you out to what -5 wins? Spread across all your starters that's -1 W per starter. I don't see a huge issue.
                      KC
                      @MIN
                      @CIN
                      @DET
                      @PIT
                      MIN
                      MIL
                      @DET

Those are Bieber's 8 wins last year. His opponents coming from competent divisions worry me more than the (lack of) offense behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        KC
                        @MIN
                        @CIN
                        @DET
                        @PIT
                        MIN
                        MIL
                        @DET

Those are Bieber's 8 wins last year. His opponents coming from competent divisions worry me more than the (lack of) offense behind him.
                        Couldn't we say the same about Bauer's great peripherals coming from facing the Central Division schedule last year? Or do we feel more confident that his use of illegal substances to doctor baseballs increased spin rate will hold up against better competition?
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Couldn't we say the same about Bauer's great peripherals coming from facing the Central Division schedule last year? Or do we feel more confident that his use of illegal substances to doctor baseballs increased spin rate will hold up against better competition?
                          I can't see MLB cracking down on pitcher substances this year. I do suppose that Bauer might be more impacted than other pitchers if they did.

Assuming the schedule is something resembling normal this year, then I think the benefits Bauer gets from leaving GABP for Dodger Stadium help offset the ratio hits he'll take when he leaves the Central.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Personally, I would embrace the power of "and".
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              KC
                              @MIN
                              @CIN
                              @DET
                              @PIT
                              MIN
                              MIL
                              @DET

Half those teams are still in his division right? Don't we say a pitcher should have slightly more wins because they are in a bad division -- but then they get wins against their division and we say it's not sustainable?

Interesting to line it up against Bauer. Wins against:

DET
                              MIL
                              KC
                              CHC
                              MIL

So the news is that good pitchers tend to beat bad teams

(just giving you a hard time here, but I think this argument is odd)

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Get ready for lots of phantom 10 day DL stints for LA pitchers to keep them fresh. It's what LA does. Still, Bauer might be different than the others, esp Kershaw and Buehler and Urias, because he doesn't appear to have chronic injury issues like they do.
                                Seems to me that the contract enables LA to just ride Bauer while at the same time letting them pare back on guys like Buehler and Urias to preserve them for the long-term future. If anyone is getting 200 IP on this team it would be Bauer. Maybe Im just trying to convince myself though.

Comment

Working...
                                X