2k18: Imminent Potential Call-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Didn't we hear this same story a few years ago with kris bryant?
    Sure did, you are correct.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Agree completely. Only leverage Eloy has is to not participate in any team PR events and tell the White Sox to pound sand on a contract that buys out any FA years.
      I think it would be funny if Eloy said the first chance he gets to change teams he will. I wonder if the egg on the White Sox faces would wipe off so easily? Not bringing him up is a smart business decision for the extra year of control, but IMO it is not justified when there is absolutely no reason to keep him down. I think he should play that card.
      Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• And now Bob Nightengale is reporting the White Sox won't be calling him up in September either. So glad I held on to him all season in my redraft league.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
          I think it would be funny if Eloy said the first chance he gets to change teams he will. I wonder if the egg on the Yankees faces would wipe off so easily? Not bringing him up is a smart business decision for the extra year of control, but IMO it is not justified when there is absolutely no reason to keep him down. I think he should play that card.
          Why would any player ever do that?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Why would any player ever do that?
            Why would any agent do what he did?

Comment

• wtf how can someone say White Sox player development director Chris Getz told WSCR-AM 670 on Sunday that prospect outfielder Eloy Jimenez is "really close" to being called up to the majors. Aug 6 - 10:59 AM

yikes. lol

Comment

• Money is the only thing that will determine whether Eloy leaves the Sox 7 years from when he starts, nothing else, certainly not come perceived slight that happened the better part of a decade earlier.

Chicago is doing the right thing for the club...you get an extra year of control over a potential .300/40/120 you do it, it's a no brainer.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Money is the only thing that will determine whether Eloy leaves the Sox 7 years from when he starts, nothing else, certainly not come perceived slight that happened the better part of a decade earlier.

Chicago is doing the right thing for the club...you get an extra year of control over a potential .300/40/120 you do it, it's a no brainer.
                  When the time comes for him to be a free agent, his agent may very well say to the White Sox during contract negotiations, "You need to throw in an extra $10 million (or whatever amount) for that one year's pay that you stole from him."
                  Last edited by madducks; 09-02-2018, 02:16 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    When the time comes for him to be a free agent, his agent may very well say to the White Sox during contract negotiations, "You need to throw in an extra $10 million (or whatever amount) for that one year's pay that you stole from him."
                    Sure, and if he has the career that many think he will, the White Sox will be happy to do so...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• White Sox GM Hahn announces Eloy will NOT be called up this season, even though Charlotte's season is now over, because he still has to work on his defense. I'm not sure how he said that with a straight face, he must have had to practice that in front of a mirror numerous times.

My guess is his defense will be all straightened out by around April 15, 2019.

Blue Jays GM Atkins also announced Vlad Jr. will not be recalled either, but he didn't give a cockamamie fugazy answer.

Comment

• also not being promoted because of defensive concerns:

Anthony DiComo
                        ‏Verified account @AnthonyDiComo
                        60m60 minutes ago

1B Peter Alonso hit a walk-off, two-run homer in his final at-bat of the season (and the Las Vegas 51s' final at-bat as a Mets affiliate, and at Cashman Field.)

Alonso's season ends with a .285 average, 36 home runs and 119 RBI. His next stop is the Arizona Fall League.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Reports are that Victor Robles is getting the call. He has had significant injury time this season but his defense should get him a long look, both no and in camp.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                          X