2k18: Imminent Potential Call-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey, I took the bait and nabbed Holliday in my NL-only 12-team 5x5

desperate? who are you calling desperate?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Right. And if he doesn't, they get him out of there. No one will compel them to give him playing time or keep him on the roster if he isn't providing the offense and clubhouse leadership they're presumably hoping he could bring to get them to the post-season.
      A week into September and they feel theyre lacking leadership? At this stage, Holliday shouldnt be taking at bats away from parra cargo and dahl.. Pinch hitter? Ok i buy that but thats it. .
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Will Guerrero get called up sometime in September, or will they go for another year of control by waiting until 2019? Any high upside pitchers getting called up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          A week into September and they feel theyre lacking leadership? At this stage, Holliday shouldnt be taking at bats away from parra cargo and dahl.. Pinch hitter? Ok i buy that but thats it. .
          Looks like PH and occasional 1B appearance will be the plan for Holliday. I thought it was a pretty savvy move; he's not costing them much and he provides insurance against a late injury, especially to CarGo or Dahl.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            Will Guerrero get called up sometime in September, or will they go for another year of control by waiting until 2019? Any high upside pitchers getting called up?
            Vlad would only gain a month of service time; it's not like the Jays lose a whole year by bringing him up. Assuming he's the starting 3B next year, he still won't have enough PT this year to move into super-2 status, so the Jays don't lose anything in the arb world by calling him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Vlad would only gain a month of service time; it's not like the Jays lose a whole year by bringing him up. Assuming he's the starting 3B next year, he still won't have enough PT this year to move into super-2 status, so the Jays don't lose anything in the arb world by calling him up.
              That's good, then bring his butt up and let's see what he does !!!

Comment

Any pitching prospects to snag before 9/1? Our playoffs start today and once rosters are locked for tonight's games, no adds are allowed unless a player goes on the DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                  Any pitching prospects to snag before 9/1? Our playoffs start today and once rosters are locked for tonight's games, no adds are allowed unless a player goes on the DL.
                  Mitch Keller would be the only one I'd consider. And I'm not even sure the Pirates will let him start.

Comment

Mitch Keller would be the only one I'd consider. And I'm not even sure the Pirates will let him start.
                    Already on a roster in my league. Most of the top SP prospects are taken already. I guess I'm looking for a good sleeper. I was thinking Loaisiga might be a good sleeper, but I dropped him for Hector Nerris. I also have Toussaint, who I think is a good bet for more starts in September.

Comment

• Luis Urias getting the call tomorrow.

Comment

• According to Jon Heyman of Fancred Sports, the agents for White Sox top prospect Eloy Jimenez are considering filing a grievance over his lack of a promotion to the majors.
                        "How can you say with a straight face this guy needs to work on anything?," Paul Kinzer, the president of Rep1 baseball agency, told Heyman. "What’s he need to work on?" It's a fair point, as Jimenez has posted an incredible .365/.406/.604 batting line with 11 home runs and 32 RBI in 51 games at Triple-A Charlotte, after slashing .317/.368/.556 with 10 homers and 42 RBI in 53 games for Double-A Birmingham. White Sox player development director Chris Getz said earlier this month that the 21-year-old was "really close" to being called up, but it obviously hasn't happened yet. (source: Rotoworld)
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          According to Jon Heyman of Fancred Sports, the agents for White Sox top prospect Eloy Jimenez are considering filing a grievance over his lack of a promotion to the majors.
                          "How can you say with a straight face this guy needs to work on anything?," Paul Kinzer, the president of Rep1 baseball agency, told Heyman. "What’s he need to work on?" It's a fair point, as Jimenez has posted an incredible .365/.406/.604 batting line with 11 home runs and 32 RBI in 51 games at Triple-A Charlotte, after slashing .317/.368/.556 with 10 homers and 42 RBI in 53 games for Double-A Birmingham. White Sox player development director Chris Getz said earlier this month that the 21-year-old was "really close" to being called up, but it obviously hasn't happened yet. (source: Rotoworld)
                          He's 21 and the Sox can get an extra year of control out of him if they delay his call up until Mid April of 2019. It's a service time issue and Chicago would be nuts to not get the extra year out of him. And it's an issue that was bargained between the union and the owners, so I don't see how his agents have any argument at all...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• 95% of the professional fantasy baseball advice i've read this year has been wrong! .. it just been bad. for example, this or that guy is being called up soon or this player is the closer, or a player is hurt and the recovery time is wrong.

..but i love the blurbs. and i appreciate them. but it doesn't seem like they are analysts anymore, they are cheerleaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              He's 21 and the Sox can get an extra year of control out of him if they delay his call up until Mid April of 2019. It's a service time issue and Chicago would be nuts to not get the extra year out of him. And it's an issue that was bargained between the union and the owners, so I don't see how his agents have any argument at all...
                              Agree completely. Only leverage Eloy has is to not participate in any team PR events and tell the White Sox to pound sand on a contract that buys out any FA years.

Comment

Agree completely. Only leverage Eloy has is to not participate in any team PR events and tell the White Sox to pound sand on a contract that buys out any FA years.
                                Didn't we hear this same story a few years ago with kris bryant?

Comment

Working...
                                X