2k18: Imminent Potential Call-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k18: Imminent Potential Call-ups

All the top prospects are already rostered in my league, so i was digging deeper into some top prospect lists looking for guys who might be up this year. Any of these guys strike a chord with anyone as worth stashing?

Luis Urias
    Alex Verdugo
    Jesus Luzardo
    Christian Arroyo

It is slim pickings on the wire in this league. Any deep sleeper callups would be appreciated.

Verdugo for sure...once they manage to dump Kemp, it's just a matter of time, he's ready. The issue is that he's likely to be a better real life player than a fantasy one...decent power, decent speed, really good hit tool.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Luzardo won't get called up as a 20 year old who just got promoted to AA, but if you have room for someone who won't get called up but who will likely be a top 50 prospect by the midseason, I'd pick him up. I think he will be a top 20 pitching prospect by year's end; possibly top 10 depending on many ahead of him graduate and if everything keeps going right for him.

Comment

Jung Ho Kang.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Verdugo for sure...once they manage to dump Kemp, it's just a matter of time, he's ready. The issue is that he's likely to be a better real life player than a fantasy one...decent power, decent speed, really good hit tool.
          But does Toles get the first shot? He's pretty good, too, but he might still be injured because that seems to be what he does best.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            But does Toles get the first shot? He's pretty good, too, but he might still be injured because that seems to be what he does best.
            Looks like Toles has a pulled hammy and is on the 7 day DL...could be back soon.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Friarfan may have more on Urias, but him coming up for any significant amount of time before roster expansion would surprise me. While he's in AAA ball, he's still only 20 and has Galvis in front of him to hold down SS for the short term. I think there'd have to be an injury to Galvis and one or two other MIs for the Pads to consider bringing him up.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thread title intrigued me. Would be interesting to have a running list of players who are on the verge of being called up who could contribute this year, with commentary. Seems like the upper minors are a little weak right now. Vlad tearing it up but surely wouldn't be called up this early. Tatis had a rough start but starting to turn it around but he's in a similar position. Tucker has not been great at AAA. Robles hurt. Hays has been okay.

Who are you guys following right now for 2018 callups in the near future?

Comment

Guys I am following

Austin Meadows- Currently blocked by Dickerson. Also not doing much at all in AAA
                  Brendan Rodgers- Warming up at AA with an .836 OPS. Storys hot start has quieted any noise
                  Mitch Keller- 1.93 ERA and 20k in 18 innings for AA. I think he gets the call by mid season.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Assuming Adames and Barreto are both gone as part of the "all the top prospects" group (Eloy, Robles, Tucker, Buehler, Kopech, Reyes, Senzel)

How about Mike Soroka, P ATL
                    Dustin Fowler, OF OAK
                    Jake Bauers, 1B/OF TB
                    Austin Riley, 3B ATL

Maybe Keston Huira 2B MIL? Not sure how close he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Assuming Adames and Barreto are both gone as part of the "all the top prospects" group (Eloy, Robles, Tucker, Buehler, Kopech, Reyes, Senzel)

Dustin Fowler, OF OAK
                      Jake Bauers, 1B/OF TB
                      Austin Riley, 3B ATL

JC/madducks,

whats your feel on Meadows and Keller?
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Post hype Tom Murphy, just waiting for Wolters to hit the DL or demoted.

Comment

Unless the Brewers get a rash of MI injuries or the illness known as "Severe Suckitude", I doubt Hiura comes up until rosters expand. Bat is ready but glove is not. That said, I have a hard time envisioning how he could be worse than the daily adventures of Villar's fielding and general lack of situational awareness, but Brewer management has been pretty clear that Hiura needs a fair amount of work with the glove.

Dustin Fowler has looked really good over the last ten days.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Willie Calhoun. Or if much deeper maybe Garrett Hampson. I have a man crush on him. Not sure he gets the call but maybe if the Rox fall out of contention.

Comment

Dustin Fowler, OF OAK
                              Jake Bauers, 1B/OF TB
                              Austin Riley, 3B ATL

Fowler's on my bench, the rest are taken -- except Barreto. I have so many A's already I was avoiding. But I guess he's clearly the best available. I just don't know how he gets playing time this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X