No announcement yet.

2k18: Imminent Potential Call-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapia got the call. Not sure how he fits other than a temporary placeholder with this current roster.

Garrett Hampson is killing it at AAA as is Seth Trahman.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Unless the Rockies are doing some type of platooning not sure how Tapia gets his AB. Hampson could very well be the Rockies 2B next season as LeMahieu is a FA. Conventional thinking Hampson doesn't get a call-up until Sept unless the Rockies are selling at trade deadline.

Comment

• Hope you’re right Pitbull. Would love to have Hampson’s contract start next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Hampson could very well be the Rockies 2B next season as LeMahieu is a FA.
          Very well could happen, that's where I figured Brendan Rodgers had a chance to play too with LeMahieu a FA. Rockies have some options.

Comment

• McMahon has also played 2nd from time to time. I don’t trust the Rockies to give a rookie much playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
              McMahon has also played 2nd from time to time. I don’t trust the Rockies to give a rookie much playing time.
              McMahon playing 2nd base is likely a result of the injury to LeMahieu. Also they gave Story a full time job when he was a rookie. McMahon had a window of opportunity but he gave them little reason with his poor BA and the Rockies had other options to replace him.

The Rockies have some decisions to make. With Rodgers and Hampson ready to make the roster by next season what moves do they make if any. Do they move Story? He is following his career path where he struggles then shows improvement the following season. He has cut down his strikeouts 10% this season. That is significant. If they do not move Story then what do they do with Rodgers? He would not have room to play if Hampson is the 2B of the future.

Comment

• okay, he's not being called up anytime soon, but I wanted to highlight Jose Albertos this season. Fangraphs had him as the third best Cubs prospect going into this year after throwing 35 innings in low-A ball with 10.9 K/9 and a 2.86 ERA.

This season, in A-ball, in 13 innings he put up an 18.69 ERA supported by a 9.60 FIP. In those 13 innings he only allowed 17 hits against 17 Ks, which is decent if you ignore the 32 walks.

He got sent down to low-A and after tonight he's thrown 7.1 innings of 12.27 ERA ball including 7 hits, 7 strikeouts, and 12 walks.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Willie Calhoun coming up by the sounds of it ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Willie Calhoun coming up by the sounds of it ...
                    Here's hoping they don't screw with him once he is up.

Comment

Willie Calhoun coming up by the sounds of it ...
                      Whose ABs will he be taking? -signed, an owner of Mazara, DeShields and Choo.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Whose ABs will he be taking? -signed, an owner of Mazara, DeShields and Choo.
                        I was wondering the same thing. If it were me I'd probably move Gallo back to 1st fulltime & sit Guzman, and rotate the 4 OFs through the DH slot. But who knows.

edit: Mazara to the DL, thumb sprain
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. If it were me I'd probably move Gallo back to 1st fulltime & sit Guzman, and rotate the 4 OFs through the DH slot. But who knows.

edit: Mazara to the DL, thumb sprain
                          I would trade Choo for anything if it is decent.

Comment

• Eloy Jimenez hitting .320 with a .600 SLG at AAA. How long will they keep him down there?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Eloy Jimenez hitting .320 with a .600 SLG at AAA. How long will they keep him down there?
                              He's only got 69 AB's at AAA, so I'm guessing that they leave him down until September. No reason to get the clock ticking quite yet...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                He's only got 69 AB's at AAA, so I'm guessing that they leave him down until September. No reason to get the clock ticking quite yet...
                                We're past the Super Two deadline and the amount of time to become a free agent, so at this point it's either call him up this year or don't.

Yeah, he does have limited time at AAA, but he's doing exactly what he's done at AA.

Comment

Working...
                                X