No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the Machado trade, I thought this was fairly good for a 2-month rental. I'm not as excited about it tho. Tate has great stuff, but I think the general feeling is he'll end up in the pen. Could be a real good one but not a top prospect at this pt, more mid-range+. The other guys I dont know much about altho I have heard of them.

Comment

• Anyone think this has something to do with Chapman's knee tendinitis? Maybe it's worse than we are aware of.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Major meltdown from Rangers' pen tonite. It was a group effort. Had 10-2 in the 7th, so all they had to do was get 9 outs w/o giving up 8 runs. 1st, new callup, Brandon Mann gave up 3 runs in the 7th. Then, Diekman allowed 4 runs in the 8th, aided by an Andrus error that should have been an inning-ending DP. Diekman didnt allow a hit but walked the bases loaded and hit a batter and got only 1 out. Kela came on and let 2 inherited runners score but got out of the inning w a 1-run lead. But he gave up a game-tying HR to Piscotty to start the 9th to blow the save and the win for my pitcher (of course).

Edit: To complete the disastrous evening, the Rangers lost in extras, 13-10.
        Last edited by rhd; 07-25-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Anyone think this has something to do with Chapman's knee tendinitis? Maybe it's worse than we are aware of.
          Maybe, although Aaaron Boone dismissed his knee being the issue for his last disaster of an appearance. He said the knee was fine and it was the lay off and just a bad day.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/23/aaron-...uting-to-this/

Comment

• the Yankees' lone lefty was Shreve, who has been mostly terrible.
            if Chapman does have issues, then Shreve's suckitude may have helped the Yankees in trade talks.
            if he was good, the O's might have wondered about Chapman and ask for more....

the Yankees are the last franchise that would be so bold, but making the wild-card game an "all-bullpen" affair would be totally bad-ass
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              the Yankees' lone lefty was Shreve, who has been mostly terrible.
              if Chapman does have issues, then Shreve's suckitude may have helped the Yankees in trade talks.

the Yankees are the last franchise that would be so bold, but making the wild-card game an "all-bullpen" affair would be totally bad-ass
              Or going "all bullpen" as their 4th post-season starter, but I suspect they still hope to trade for a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Maybe I'm naive or maybe I'm not following you but I don't see any way that this was relevant. Chapman/Shreve were not driving this market, there were several other teams involved. The desperation of the Yankees was not the driving factor for how much they had to pay to get Britton, it was making the best offer relative to several other teams that were also vying for a similar trade. Switching it around, if the Orioles held back on asking for more because the Yankees had Chapman then they'd just trade Britton to another team that didn't have Chapman.

Comment

• Fry time in south side Chicago?
                  12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                  UTIL- Benintendi
                  BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                  SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                  RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                  IL: Buxton

Comment

• Closer Monkey:

Closer Monkey:

Chicago White Sox — Looks like it’s Jace Fry time. With Joakim Soria moving to Milwaukee and Nate Jones still on the DL, the young lefthander is the favorite to move into the closer’s role, ahead of Xavier Cedeno, Juan Minaya, and Luis Avilan. Jeanmar Gomez (37 saves in 2016) is also a longshot to return to the ninth.

Updated hierarchy: Fry | Cedeno | Minaya.
                    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                    UTIL- Benintendi
                    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                    IL: Buxton

Comment

• Cole Hamels is gone. Can Kela last much longer?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        Fry time in south side Chicago?
                        Maybe not - he came into the game in the 7th last night

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Maybe not - he came into the game in the 7th last night
                          Agreed.

I am not deep into the White Sox bullpen. If they have any possible asset that they can showcase as a closer to trade, Fry will not be it. They are not really trying to win yet.

Comment

• 14 million and a draft pick later Cards releasing Holland.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              14 million and a draft pick later Cards releasing Holland.
                              A 7.92 era and going 0 for 3 in save chances will do that.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• our first-place team - who has not won in more than 20 years of trying - just picked up RP Holland yesterday.

it made me wonder if he's fighting a battle inside his head.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X