2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    Is there any good reason Romo has been getting the chances lately in TB? Chaz Roe has been the much better pitcher all year, especially in the last month - 12 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 4 BB, 13 K. Is it a veteran thing? Using Roe as a fireman instead?
    My guess is he's a former closer with significant successful post-season experience who is a free agent at season's end. So we should expect him to be moved before the deadline. Roe is under contract for another 5 years.

Comment

• Dyson on for a 5-1 9th, and allows 2 runs - proving that he can do the "proven closer doesn't do well in a non-SV situation!"

Phillies up 5-3 in 9th, Seranthony goes 1-2-3 with 2 K
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Maurer gets the chance for KC and promptly blows it. Maybe I shouldn’t have dropped McCarthy for him until I made sure he converted the save

Comment

• Any rumblings if the Twins will be moving Rodney and if so who might fill the closer role. I Have Addison Reed and am wondering if he is next in line?
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• last night:

Giants 1-1, top 7, 2 outs, Moronta comes on to get the last out for SP Holland.
            Giants 2-1, top 8, here comes Melancon (interesting). he gets 2 outs but allows tying run. 2nd and 3rd, 2 out, and Watson on to retire CarGo.
            Giants 3-2, top 9, Dyson's moment of truth.
            Murphy leadoff double, K, walk - and LeMahieu ends it with a DP.

not dazzling, but a gritty SV for Dyson - who Bochy currently wants to own the job.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
              Any rumblings if the Twins will be moving Rodney and if so who might fill the closer role. I Have Addison Reed and am wondering if he is next in line?
              I do believe that Hildenberger has probably passed Reed for the moment. For whatever reason, Reed got shelled for several appearances, while Hildenberger has pretty much been lights out.

That said, I don't think that they make any move until the trade deadline...with Buxton, Sano, and Santana all coming back, they'll remain optimistic.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Major meltdown for Familia tonite. Handed a 3-1 lead, he allows up 4 baserunners w/o recording an out. Still a 3-2 lead when he left but meltdown completed by Swarzak who gave up a 2-run single and a sac fly, spoiling the win for another one of my pitchers. The Mets are a bad team.

Comment

• Britton w 2-R HRA, blowing save tonite and spoiling another win (and the save) for my roto team. It actually was his 1st BS, as his previous meltdown was a non-save situation. With no doubt many scouts looking on his ERA now is a sparkling 7.04. This just in: Orioles are bad.

Comment

• Mets' Peterson is now a "monitor" on deep NL-only radars

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• So Wily Peralta has 2 saves in a row...buy? or is the inevitable blow up comign the moment he gets added?

Comment

• Seranthony with a 2IP dominant save.

No hits. No walks. 3 strikeouts.

Oh, and cool name to boot.

Comment

• Familia. forehead slap. But the two guys behind him, Swarzak and Gsellman, haven't been much better. Still, closer is a closer and with the Mets lost season Familia might be on the outs...worth grabbing one, and which one?
                          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                          UTIL- Benintendi
                          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                          IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            So Wily Peralta has 2 saves in a row...buy? or is the inevitable blow up comign the moment he gets added?
                            I'm buying. Grabbed him in a 14-team mixer where I'm on the playoff bubble with Doolittle/Romo/Brach/Peralta as closers and going to bid a good chunk of my $66 FAAB in a 12-team AL where I can move up in saves.
                            Last edited by virgonomic; 06-28-2018, 11:35 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              I'm buying. Grabbed him ...

Grabbed who?
                              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                              UTIL- Benintendi
                              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                              IL: Buxton

Comment

• watch Peterson

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X