2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    So, what's everyone's save projections for deGrom this year?
    If deGrom comes to the Cubs you can be sure one of the current starters will work some relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Cubs don't have the prospects to give anymore, but the Brewers do. It's just a question as to whether they think that this is the window for them.
      But they do have a couple off the 40 man roster to give.

Comment

• Pat Neshek gets the save for the Phillies tonight and becomes their ninth pitcher to notch a save this season. The population of this closer committee has exploded.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I own 4 of them! Seranthony, Neshek, and inactive ERamos and Neris
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I own 4 of them! Seranthony, Neshek, and inactive ERamos and Neris
            Apparently I picked the wrong 2 Hunter who has been dropped and Garcia who is DL and likely will be dropped when he returns. You have the best one in Seranthony. With the way Kapler has managed the bullpen it has to drive most fantasy owners crazy.

Comment

• Jordan Hicks — when Norris is moved.

Comment

• I'll go back to my previous point - unless setup men now are on par with closers come arbitration years, why make Hicks the full-time closer? he's 21 years old, and he would be just as valuable pitching to tough lineups in the 8th and in tie games, instead of in the 9th with 2-run and 3-run leads. who was the last 21-year-old closer?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I'll go back to my previous point - unless setup men now are on par with closers come arbitration years, why make Hicks the full-time closer? he's 21 years old, and he would be just as valuable pitching to tough lineups in the 8th and in tie games, instead of in the 9th with 2-run and 3-run leads. who was the last 21-year-old closer?
                  Exactly.

I have several shares of Hicks, and I would LOVE him to be the closer, and I think he has the makings of a lockdown closer (although he still has a ways to go), but I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that he actually becomes the closer anytime soon. That likelihood may have just been increased by the ousting of Matheny, I don't know, but if I'm a betting man, I'm betting against more than just a small smattering of saves for Hicks in the coming months.

Comment

• 1st save opp goes to Hicks.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I feel like I forget this every year, but when will the dust start settling on bullpens? Can we expect deals in the next week or two, or do most teams wait right until the deadline? I have three closers who could lose their jobs via trades, so I'm anxious to see how it plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        1st save opp goes to Hicks.
                        Then again, in this case, I'd sure like to be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          1st save opp goes to Hicks.
                          they said Norris was unavailable with a minor ailment

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

who was the last 21-year-old closer?
                            Roberto Osuna was 20 and Edwin Diaz was 22.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

they said Norris was unavailable with a minor ailment
                              They had to go in and perform a little attitude adjusting to his frontal lobe.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                They had to go in and perform a little attitude adjusting to his frontal lobe.
                                The Post of the Day contest is over. Harmon has already won.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X